Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pretty Pretty Palette 45

It's Thursday and Color Room time! How is this new palette for pretty, eh?

A pretty palette deserves some pretty pictures.  She is just too cute for my eyes.  After a day of craziness at Daycare, her hair is a mess, her cheeks are dirty, but oh so so lovely she is to me.  This layout is based on Lydell's sketch here.  And remember my comment about embellishment for the sake of embellishing? Yeah, case and point here: the chair, lol.  It is the most perfect match to the magenta in the palette! lol.
Doing these color challenges is a completely different design process for me.  I start with the gathering of supplies and raiding of embellishments as opposed to starting with photos on hand. It does create a huge mess as I always pull out way more stuff than I end up using on my page, but I enjoy the process because it's so different for me.
I used a Crafter's Workshop Brocade template and misted the background using Shimmerz in Grape Escape.  How awesome is that template?! I hope I have some more ideas on using this beauty!!  Any suggestions?

I hope you join us with this pretty palette at the Color Room.  I am off to Body Pump :) 

20 comments:

Debbie said...

Love the color palette and you totally rocked it!!! Love the layout, the colors, the pictures and misting and yes the chair is perfect! Glad to hear I am not the only one who make a mess when trying to get things together for layout!

Pearl said...

definitely the perfect palette to scrap your gorgeous No 2 child ! ( no 1 is also gorgeous ! lol )

oooo yeah ! that is a lovely brocade template - I am thinking heavier textures with it .... maybe like modeling paste ? lol

alexandra s.m. said...

Comme elle est jolie et ces teintes meme si elles sont très belles ensemble, n'étaient pas faciles à associer sur une meme page!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Aw, her smile is just the sweetest thing .. very enchanting~Love your work on this one .. the chair is perfect! And, girl, you haven't seen a mess until you see me scrapping some day! I end up with a 3 inch square of space to work on! But I have fun!

deana said...

Awesome page...adorable photos...and I love the story behind the photos!

Your Body Pump comment made me smile. Hope it was a great class tonight!

Hugs...

curlyqmosaics said...

Very fun layout! Love the brocade template! That pattern is very trendy right now, and I love it on everything I create and/or possess!

sweet craf-tea chick said...

beautiful layout, JJ! love those colors and the damask, so pretty. your little one is adorable! thanks for sharing and have a great friday and weekend! *hugs* steph :)

lotte chew said...

BEAUTIFUL!! the colors are perfect!

Jaime Lee said...

hi! i love your take on this color room chart. you have the color control so well...i still have no guts to try it (lol). Btw, I am jaime...nice meeting you! You have a very unique nickname :D

Monique said...

What a very sweet layout Jing-Jing!! Love this color combo!

Jocelyn said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH how perfect!!!! Great colors and you did a Fabulous Job with the Challenge!!!!

Wishing you a great one!!!

Sue said...

This color palette is so pretty! And i love that your dd's shirt formed part of the palette. :)

Keri said...

What a cutie she is!!!
Great ideas for incorporating both the purple and magenta from the palette. Love that you went with a color rather than neutral cardstock as well...have fun @ Body Pump! :)

Samantha Sibbet said...

I wouldn't have put these colors together and that is a shame, this is really wonderful!

Melanie said...

This color palette is SO pretty! Love what you did with them :)

Charlene said...

Gorgeous! These colors are so pretty...I'll have to make somthing...You rocked the colors and I love the stamp behind the LO and those pictures are so precious!

Christie Bryant said...

I love this layout! Your daughter is SO beautiful! Such a fun background with the Shimmerz and the screen - super cute!
xoxo

Sherry Wright said...

Such a great lo and perfect colors.. you rock. ;)

Alice Wertz said...

love those adorable photos of your girl! too cute and that damask is a beauty! very pretty layout, Jing-Jing!

JaniceAileen said...

And you say you can't work with LOC????? Are you kidding me?? You SO have to give 'em a try--you will fall in love!!! As I have with you gorgeous LO!