Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Midnight Rooster is Mad for Pink

The February kit by Midnight Rooster is named Mad for Pink.  I did not know ahead of the time the name of the kit, but clearly, the products and the theme carried through as I actually finally scrapped this photo of First Born with her pink balloon.  I thought the sheet of Glitz paper with that apple/pear yellowish green color juxtaposes so well against the pink!  The grungy edge matches the mood of the photo and conveys the feeling of this photograph: slightly dreamy... 
I adore these balloons out of the polka dot paper! I cut them using the Birthday Bash cartridge.  It is obviously my most favorite cartridge at this point, since I am reaching for it constantly!  I also added a few shimmering spritz to spruce up the edge of the balloons, very cute :)
This next layout is from the same kit: Mad for Pink, though there isn't a lot of pink on this one. She built this small fortress and then decorated the tops with fruit loops :)  ah... tropical cruise... ah... warm weather...  We've had a bit of warmer weather lately: 40's this week!! It really does feel like a heat wave after weeks of single digits! Still, it's nothing like the tropical beach in Roatan, but at least I have my memories :)

24 comments:

DianeC said...

beautiful

Virginia L. said...

I love the distressed edges for the paper for the pink page (You have such eyes fro design!!). The 2nd one is adorable with all the circles and fun colors! I hear you about the cold weather...I'm planning to see Mickey in DW very soon! I'll think of you ;)

Karen B. said...

Pink looks good on layouts, perhaps I need to try that too.

curlyqmosaics said...

Fantastic layouts! Love the pink balloons, and the boy and girl imagery on the 2nd one. Love!

curlyqmosaics said...

Fantastic layouts! Love the pink balloons, and the boy and girl imagery on the 2nd one. Love!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Aw, love these! The first one is aweseome .. totally love how you did your title .. and the ballons turned out great. The second is super cute but such a funny story .. fruit loops?? BTW .. it was 72 degrees here today .. slightly higher than average but I was loving it after having snow again last week! Take care. Nothing new on my blog yet ... maybe tomorrow.

Jocelyn said...

Oh what great LO's....love the first one!!! Those balloons rock!!! The distressing is perfect!!!

Those circles on the second LO make it just perfect!!!

Oh our temps are going to be near 60 today.....YIPPEE!!!!!

Wishing you a great one!!!

Aubree said...

Love these! The title work and ba

Aubree said...

Balloons are perfect on that layout! Love the little boy runner and all of the colorful circles on ethe second!!

Larajc said...

I am loving this warm weather! If it even drops, it will be ok, because we know that the winter cannot go on forever! Happy scrappy! :)

Melanie said...

Cute layouts! I really like those balloons--such a perfect embellishment for the page.

We have sunshine today, so even though it's 30-something, it still is wonderful :)

missusem said...

Hi Jing Jing! Thank you for stopping by my blog :) I love yours too!! Love the pink balloons.. :) I'm a big pink girl myself :)

Jennifer Larson said...

Oh, I love the colors. Can't wait for spring...

deana said...

Oh how I adore those. The striped background looks fantastic with that shirt she's wearing and those gallons rock! And I love your Fruit Loop border...so cute!

Keshet said...

Love both of these, Jing Jing! Especially the balloon one!

Mandie said...

these are fabulous, jing jing. i esp love the balloons you made on the top one! :)

Christie Bryant said...

I love both of your layouts! The pink balloon layout is STUNNING and I adore the fruit loops layout too.
You're daughter is so creative - just like her momma.

Pearl said...

very cute both layouts! love the fruit loops especially !

New arrivals in da house , baby ! This week it's EP For the Record , Springtime & WP petite papers ! woot !

Alice Wertz said...

love the distressed look on your first layout and the colors are yummy! and how fun is the second one?? love the circles and the running little people. too fun! fabulous work as always, Jing-Jing!

Kathy said...

Hey Miss JJJJJJJ1!! just had to tell ya that your layout is amazing like always. your photos rock too!! Love the pink too. Hugs,Kathy

Charlene said...

Waht a great kit! Love the balloons on the 1st one, they are so adorable! loe the circles and the kids on the sides really add to the overall LO!! Fantastic!!

teacher jessy said...

You are genius with the first layout! Love how you made the balloons coming out from the photo! The second is stunning :)

Belinda said...

Wow, love the fun distressed edges and those pink balloons! So cool! and the second one is so fun with the circles and fabulous colors! :)

Courtney said...

i love those pink balloons!!