Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Artist

Today I am sharing a favorite layout in the most recent Creating Keepsakes Feb 2011 issue.  It is a favorite because this was an ordinary day, and these were not-so-good photos (low light), but together they represent who I am as a scrapbooker: photos and journaling.  My memories of that day and those moments are solidified with these photos and my own words.  Best of all,  I didn't have to keep her masterpiece drawing of Daddy, because I know I will always have it on "film." :)
Having the editors appreciate a project that perhaps isn't any "design-team-worthy" but is full of meaning to me makes this publication that much more precious.

Here's a bit about myself and my scrapping. I can always tell when I am delighted with a project, I pull out my 7Gypsies rubbings and start to add to the page here and there, in a completely unplanned and un-designed fashion.  I'm in a good mood and I'm ready to part with some of my most treasured and beloved rubbings... rub a little here, rub a little there, lol, yep, that's me :) And you can see the rubbings on this page :)  It is a little bit, out of control, but please don't tell the editors :)
Lastly, this layout was done when I had just joined the My Favorite Things Scraps and Arts team (now dissolved).  I was exploring using my favorite Pure Innocence gal on scrapbook pages.  This particular stamp is not in stock, but you can check out the rest of the PI stamps here.

Tonight is my DD's school's annual Achievement Fair.  She did a wonderful project with some help from DH and me.  I look forward to taking pictures of her in front of her display and scrapping them.  It'll be like this one again, not exactly quality photos, but quality memories :)

As seen in the Feb 2011issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine. Copyright Creative Crafts Group. Posted with prior permission from the publisher.

23 comments:

Sue said...

Congrats on the pub, Jing-Jing. Can't wait to see the scrapped photos of your dd. :)

deana said...

Could not possibly LOVE that page any more than I do. Congrats again on the pub!

Email me & remind me your daughter's name. I've been wanting to send her a card ever since I saw that in CK. She going to be famous scrapbooker some day just like her mom... she is one talented artist! :-)

Have fun tonight! She sounds like she's quite the student!

Sarah Mullanix said...

Your page is so fantastic, I absolutely LOVE the photos with the art!!! Congrats :)

Rhonda Merry said...

Amen to poor pics, great memories. That's kinda my style too.

I love the LO. Congrats!

Aubree said...

I adore this page and don't think u went overboard w the rub-ons at all!

I loved opening up this issue of CK and immediately recognizing your dd!! What a fabulous surprise!!

Debbie said...

Congrats on the pub Jing Jing! Wish I still got the magazine so I could see it!!! A truly great layout, rubons and all!!!!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Big congrats, JJ. I love those pages where the memories are what it's all about .. the photos bring a smile and that's all that mattered. So glad you got featured!

Keri said...

Loved this pub, too, Jing-Jing...I can FEEL the happiness of the overlapped labels and 7G rub-ons,hehe...love it when I scrap in that mode too, so rewarding. I actually LOVE this page of yours, and am glad to see it pubbed. :)

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Congrats on the publication. WHat a beautiful and meaningful layout. I love the photos.

Chantal said...

AWESOME layout, Jing-Jing!!! Love it heaps hey!!! You're such an awesome scrapper. xo

Jocelyn said...

Congrats on the Publication Jing-Jing!!!! I know you must be happy over the moon!!! It is a wonderful LO and I am so very happy for you!!!!

Have a great day with your daughter!!!

liana suwandi said...

Yay.. congrats JJ on CK pub!!! so proud of you :)
Sending you big warm hug for your DD.

Karen B. said...

I saw this in the magazine and appreciated the details.

Jennifer Larson said...

This LO was one of my favorites in the magazine. I thought it was so interesting--certainly not flawed, LOL!

Charlene said...

LOVE this page and you are an inspiration because sometimes i don't scrap a page if the picture didn't turn out good and that's just wrong...Its the good, the bad and whatever it IS its my family and my memories right? So thanks for reminding me of that!! :-)

Alice Wertz said...

that's the best thing about scrap booking, too! to preserve the everyday and the little things that we would otherwise forget. beautiful and precious layout, Jing-Jing! congrats on the pub, too! =)

Tanya Tahir said...

hehe you are so cute about the "out of control" rub-ons! I love to scrap in this way too and your page is such a delight! Congrats on the pub. The CK editors surely know their stuff to publish such a beautiful page as this :)

Virginia L. said...

Must look out for that issue!! Congrats, my friend! You rock---again!

Belinda said...

Yay, the best kind of pub! :) What a lovely and meaningful layout. :)

Pearl said...

awesome on the pub , grrlll !!!!A meaningful memory scrapped indeed !

I hear you loads here !!!! ;)

alexandra s.m. said...

Bravo!! c'est génial et je comprends tout à fait ce que tu veux dire ;-)

Courtney said...

what a fun layout - so many details to find on this one!! congrats on the pub!!!

Amy Heller said...

Awesome layout, Jing-Jing!! I love it, and I love how it was an everyday layout!! Congrats on the pub!! :D