Monday, February 28, 2011

All Scrapping and No Posting!

That's how I feel right now, hence the lack of posting this past weekend. 

It was an exciting weekend for sure.  We went to Body Pump class Saturday morning and Costco Saturday afternoon!  I can hardly stand the excitement in our lives, lol.  In fact, I was going to round out the excitement by going shopping at Target on Sunday, but scrapbooking called! lol.  I was extremely pleased to find that my favorite drink, Moscato d'Asti, was back on the shelves of the Costco wine store.  It's slightly fizzy, quite sweet, low in alcohol, just the way I like it.  :)

Almost ten months ago, I went on a scrapbooking retreat and bought this WRMK's 72 degrees and sunny collection and created this layout there.  This is now published in Scrapbook Trends October 2010 issue in the Rubon section of the magazine.  I am posting this now to cheer myself up as it is far from 72 degrees outside even though it is currently sunny :) 


I also have a video to share :)  Every summer, I find myself buying all kinds of fun t-shirts with lots of awesome graphic designs.  Last summer, I had this idea of altering white t-shirts with mist.  While it was not a groundbreaking new idea, I was relieved that it went smoothly when I finally executed the process successfully "on camera."  I used the new Shimmerz products Coloringz that you can find here. I have since washed this shirt, and the colors and design remain perfectly fine.  I didn't do any heat treatment whatsoever in advance.  I would however, mist a little more just to saturate the colors deeper. 

Thank you for visiting and leaving your lovely comments. I will be back in full force later this week with projects galore! :)  Did somebody say JBS? :)
And here is my video! 

24 comments:

Aubree said...

I have always adored that layout! I remember when you had it first published and by then everyone had already sold out of all of that paper --- I REALLY needed that paper after seeing your work!!

I so like the t-shirt you made much more than the ones we made last summer. We stuck with very simple polka dots and waves. I used ClearSnaps spritz. Worked like a charm as well.

curlyqmosaics said...

What a fantastic layout! I love it!

Mandie said...

i saw that layout in there. ;)
LOVE the tee. super cool!

scrapopotamos said...

Forget the layout.. Moscato d'Asti... Yummmm!

Emily Leiphart said...

Oh, Jing-Jing, that is such a cute layout! I love the little animals along the bottom and your daughter is SOOOO cute! Love the t-shirt you made for her. Very creative!!

Nathalie said...

C'est vraiment super ta video Jing-jing!!!! D'abord je voulais les mists, ensuite une machine die-cut et puis pour finir une petite fille comme celle toute mignonne de la video :D

Nadia Cannizzo said...

What a beautiful layout!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Love your layout! And another little toot for you! And love the fab T-shirt!

Keri said...

Must try that Moscato, but dang it, don't have a Costco card, LOL. :)
Love the black rub-ons layered with the bright papers, and YES I DID hear you just say JBS, so I'm chomping at the bit to see what you've done with it!!! :)

Tracy said...

I have to say your daughter is adorable, what a cutie.
Love your shirt, so cool.
I just did a shirt for my daughter, but I have to try this with this the spray.

Keshet said...

Oh, that is the cutest photo!

Linda Beeson said...

What a really cute project and it does look pretty simple. Your little video is perfect. LOVE the names of the spritz too.

Alice Wertz said...

fabulous summery layout, Jing-Jing! your girl is an artist for sure! =) and awwww.... LOVE that fab t-shirt!! do you make adult size?? beautiful simple of your girl, too! fabulous work!

Pearl said...

ooooo ! cant wait to see the JBS in action !

very cute layout & pics ! ;)

Larajc said...

I cannot wait until the warm comes back to MN. Cute layout~!

alexandra s.m. said...

beautiful L.O and you are too good to be true: love the video!! D.D is precious <3

Charlene said...

That t shirt is adorable...but the model is the cutest...even from waking up from her nap! Awesome idea...I will have to make the kids one...you should send that in to the Cricut pub :-)

And the LO is adorable, I really love the bright colors and the adorable animale at the bottom...awesome work as always :-)

jamie said...

YOU, my friend need no help (re:comment on my blog). You are as real and genuine as they come. I love your quirk, and insight, and don't care a hoot what your scraproom looks like. As long as you keep happily creating then we are all happy!
I, on the other hand, am always obsessed to do things to an odd degree. It drives most people in my world crazy.
Here's to you...(pretend we are toasting a glass of the asti).
~j

Sandy Ang said...

Love that LO ! It's so impactful and I just adore those yummy colours.

ellen s. said...

low in alcohol. booo! lol ;)

i saw that video...so cool! you are crazy clever girl!

ps did you tell me where you were coming to in PA?

Sandi Cl~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christie Bryant said...

Oh my gosh your daughter is GORGEOUS! I love the way the t-shirt turned out - so fabulous! You're a Shimmerz queen!

Sue said...

Love your layout and the t-shirt, Jing-Jing. And your dd's so pretty!

Belinda said...

Brilliant! I was wondering about sprays on tshirts -- so cute! :)