Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Color Room #43 and a Video

The the Color Room and Shimmerz teamed up in January to bring you palettes and prize!  For this week's palette, I created a video for Shimmerz Education Vlog: customizing a Prima paintable paper using Shimmerz Vibez: Sunset Strip, Princess, and Spritz Sea Foam.  I am excited that I finally used this paper that I've hoarded for three years :)  Not only that, I also cut into some Daisy D papers from six years ago, oh yeah, talk about a hoarder reducing stash!

I should mention that you can see in this still that I am using a cloud/hills shape as a misting template.  It is just to get some general curves.  You'll see what I mean.


And finally, this is the layout I completed using the customized paper in the video for the Color Room palette 43.  This has to be explained because you can't see what they have in their hands: green worms they plucked from the baby bokchoys in our garden!!  eeeewww...

Can you see the shimmering on the paper?  I love how it turned out so pastel and beautiful like the palette!  Thank you for checking this out!  Stop thinking about the little green worms crawling in their hands... eeeeww...

24 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Wowee!! Another aawesome video, Jing-Jing!! Love the Shimmerz stuff---ok, I'm sold! Thanks for the enabling! LOVE your unique background for this layout! Totally sweet and beautiful!

Karen B. said...

Another beautiful layout and very very good tutorial video. You make me smile.

teacher jessy said...

You are genius with the video!! Love the effect and ur layout is just beautiful :)

Patti Smith said...

Well hey my talented friend..I've been MIA and I've missed you...looks like you are really coming along with the videos...great job and I love the way the paper turned out...off the finish watching more videos..enjoy CHA....Hugs..Patti

Em said...

I love the video JJ! You are just so fabulously talented. You layout for TCR this week is awesome!

deana said...

Always enjoy your videos, JJ! That page is gorgeous, too! Love all the layering!

PS...just saw your stunning page in the Oct ST. I just received my copy this weekend!

curlyqmosaics said...

Very fun layout, and I love the border!

Colette Bate said...

OMG! This is BRILLIANT!! Love the tutorial so much I've GOT to dig through my stash for some printables .. using the stickers as a mask is so stinkin' clever of you! ohh, I'm INSPIRED to give this a TRY!

Hey. How can you be doing THIS when you're at CHA? {{wink,wink}}

xoxo

DeeDee said...

This is gorgeous! Great video too.

patricia said...

your video is gorgeous... Thank you.

kathie said...

Fabulous customisation of your background paper Jing-Jing. How creative!

Stac said...

So Awesome!!! I just love your cheery personality and your work is always inspiring. Thanks for spreading the SHIMMERZ love!

Belinda said...

Eww indeed! Love the video though! :) Fun bg! Hope you're having a good time at CHA! Can't wait to see your pics!

liana suwandi said...

you're so smart lady! love the way you add a tutorial video :)

alexandra s.m. said...

what a great technique and gorgeous L.O
Hope you're having fun?!!

Alice Wertz said...

i adore that background, Jing-Jing!!! so fun and pretty! have to get myself some shimmerz to play with... fabulous layout and hee... i wish i could see those green worms.... =)

Christie Bryant said...

Amazing video! And another breathtaking layout! You are oozing talent lady!

Hope you're having fun at CHA!!!

Aubree said...

What a fantastic tutorial...I love the way the colors end up looking like just blend into one another!

Aubree said...

What a fantastic tutorial...I love the way the colors end up looking like just blend into one another!

Sue said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai to you too, Jing-Jing!

Debbie said...

What a wonderful effect with the papers! Great layout!

Janetcraft said...

oh..I love this combo color...and I just did this on my latest project...feel like wanna do it again with this color combo..
your video and the layout are lovely and good ones..

Wendy Kwok said...

I love this! Awesome

Amy Heller said...

This is nothing short of spectacular, Jing-Jing!! I LOVE this and your video is awesome, too!!