Monday, January 24, 2011

Assemble an Accordion Album

I took a class probably eight or ten years ago on making an accordion album.  It was very easy and fun to do, especially if you start with an accordion album kit which you can get at Dick Blick.  So I made this video assembling an accordion album: cover the chipboard pieces for the front and back cover, use ribbon pieces to tie the album together. I explain why I use Helmar's Quick-fix adhesive runner to cover the chipboards. Then later I switch to the 450 Quick Dry to put the pages into the album. So far, the album remains as you see here, I might decorate it further in the future.  No matter what I do or don't do with it, this album will be put up for my work's annual United Way auction this coming October.

My personal favorite is using ribbons to tie the album together :) So check it out, I even have a relatively good hair day in the video! LOL. Thank you for watching!

20 comments:

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

Very pretty! TFS!!! -Sam :-)

Sue said...

pretty! thanks for the video Jing-Jing!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Great project! If I don't make it back to your blog this week, have a great time at CHA!

Keri said...

Gorgeous album, love the accordian style and ribbon closure...nice hair in the video! :)

Wati Basri said...

lovely..thanks for sharing dear!
now i know how you sound like...hehehe

alexandra s.m. said...

j'aime beaucoup ce genre d'album!
Super vidéo ;-))

Tanya Tahir said...

Cool video! Love the album. Thanks for sharing :)

Pearl said...

great video ! love accordian album ideas ! ;)

Jocelyn said...

Loved the video.....THANK YOU!!!!

This is soooooo very pretty!!!

Wishing you a great one!!!

deana said...

Loved the tutorial and the hair. You are be becoming quite the pro at tutorials. I think I will hire you to do mine from now on. I love doing them sooooo much. ;-)

Team MS T.H.A.N.G.S said...

Love the paper combination. Great job on the video, very helpful!

Charlene said...

I've made one of these before are they are so much fun!! I love yours!!! Thanks for the tut!!!

Virginia L. said...

You so rock this album!! LOVE your video!!

Christie Bryant said...

Love your video! You are so darn adorable...loved all your typed comments!

:-)

Alice Wertz said...

awww.... you are a expert at videos now, girl! so calm and clear spoken you! i would be mumbling for sure! fab video and beautiful album. love the JB paper you used!

teacher jessy said...

You did terrific with the book and TFS!! You go girl :)

Debbie said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful tutorial!

Colette Bate said...

Fabulous tutorial, girl! Love watching you 'in action'! It's so interesting to see how others do it. I usually 'snip' the corners off when I'm covering chipboard. It seems like folding them over makes for bulky corners. But, you've done this beautifully ... maybe because the JB papers are lighter weight. Love the way you've used the ribbon strips as hinges, too! Stinkin' cute project ... the United Way will benefit from this one for $ure! xoxox

Janetcraft said...

FAB album and the color is really romantic.

Patti Smith said...

Great job...I have never covered like that always just cut and this is much neater....thanks Jing Jing I enjoyed the video and great tips!!