Saturday, January 1, 2011

Adventure to Kick off 2011

Happy New Year everyone!

I have completed my first layout of 2011 that I started last night :)  It still counts right? Remember I bought three kits from Sweet Peach Crop Shop a few weeks ago? I dug into their December 2010 kit and the sketch of the month to create this layout.  As soon as I saw the kit, I know there will be a lot of Yellowstone scrapping using it!  The pairing of October Afternoon Campfire and Basic Grey's Marjolaine is just so perfect. The colors work so well together!  Anyway, enough gushing really, click on the kit links at your own risk, because their January kit is up, and oh my oh my oh my...

Here are my kids off to their big adventure at Yellowstone.  Sometimes they would hold hands and go ahead of us.  That never lasted long though, not where there are sulfur smokes all over (which you can see in the photos).

How cute is this little owl?  It is a handmade item in the kit.  It's amazing that I used it immediately, normally, this type of thing gets hoarded for years, lol.  I also hand stitched around the big green circle.  Lastly, I used a few SRM Stickers, really perfect accent for this layout.  They are not included in the kit, but you can find it here




My family caught a movie this morning: Tangled.  Wow, what a great movie!  I admit that I cried when the lanterns went up into the sky.  What an uplifting movie and so totally adorable and cute.  After that, we caught a few sales in the mall, now the kids are tired and cranky, oh well, ours is not a life in a fairytale movie, that's for sure!  lol. 

31 comments:

Mira said...

funny owl!

Karen B. said...

Fun layout! My family and I are wanting to go to Yellowstone, it looks beautiful.

Debbie said...

I love what you did with the Sweet Peach December kit! I have it and was just looking at it last night! Great take on the sketch and yes that little owl is so cute! I was also looking at their January kits earlier! Love them both!!! Happy New Year!

corrie said...

So fun! I love that map OA paper, but I am having such a hard time using it. Yes, I'm hoarding! Hee hee! Thanks for playing with Sweet Peach!

Aubree said...

What a fabulous layout and I just adore that owl!!! I have some of the OA papers coming...couldn't resist after you gushed about them.

Pearl said...

aah yes ! that Dec kit is definitely a perfect addition to your stash ! I was just thinking that I haven't noticed anyone using the BG Marjolaine pps - but now i can say I have ! woot !

now how fast are you with the first layout of 2011 ! i only have a tonne of cards ! still on BG Hopscothc...

Keri said...

Love this look, have GOT to look into these kits, LOL. Love the OA with the yellowstone pics, can't wait for my OA Campfire to arrive!
Love the photo/tree/circle/title cluster...looks awesome.

Rhonda Merry said...

Cute,cute,cute,cute,cute.

deana said...

I keep hearing great things about Tangled. We're going to have to go see it!

Love,love, love that page and that owl is darling! Awesome design too!

alexandra s.m. said...

Comme elle est belle ta page et tout ce vert fait un bien fou!
Bonne Année chère jing-Jing!!

hugs ~

Tracy said...

Your layout is just beautiful. Love the photo of your daughters holding hands and skipping along. So precious.
I saw Tangled with my 19 yr old daughter. I love that she still love cartoons. I cried too, happy I'm not the only softy out there.

Alice Wertz said...

fabulous layout, Jing-Jing! love the design and the details!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

beautiful. Love those pictures. Love the papers too. Good job! HAPPY NEW YEAR...nadia

Sue said...

What a fun design and that owl's way too cute!

aina said...

wow!Really liked the colors, and the pictures are so sweet.. a great LO!

Larajc said...

adorable layout! I too, sometimes hoard little goodies and I love, but then I realized the longer I hoard it, the longer it sits unnoticed, and putting it on apage gets it out there for all to enjoy!

Jocelyn said...

TOOOO CUTE!!!!

Wishing you and the family and very Happy and Healthy New Year!!!

Love ya girlie!!!

Jennifer Larson said...

That is so cute--love the shape of the photo block. And my boys want to go to Tangled too!

Liz Chidester said...

Jing Jing, I love this!! I can believe how well these papers go with your pics!
Great job with the sketch!

Virginia L. said...

How did you ALWAYS get the paper to match PERFECTLY with your photos!!!? That is baffling to me (LOL)! Well, because you are genius in scrapbooking! My kids went to see Tangled. I heard it's really sweet... :) I should have tagged along!

scrapopotamos said...

What an adorable page; the girls holding hands is so sweet!

I don't know, a morning at the movies, walking the mall for some sales and heading home for naps sounds like a pretty good day to me!

Keshet said...

Hello, this is stunning!! Love it!

Bente Fagerberg said...

HOO hoo JJ this looks really fab.
The design is awsome. Love love it!
Happy New year to you!! // Bente

teacher jessy said...

The owlie is an awesome addition to your layout! What an awesome layout to kick off the new year:)

Debbi Tehrani said...

What a fabulous trip and an awesome layout! You are so creative in your design and details, Jing-Jing! Thank you for the sweet comments you left on my blog!

Melanie said...

Ooohh, that owl is adorable! You'll be so happy you used it right away :)

My girls and I saw Tangled on New Years Day, too. I love it--they said it was ok. ?? And I cried at the lantern part ;)

Christie Bryant said...

What an adorable layout Jing-Jing! I love it! I received this October Afternoon paper for Christmas - can't wait to use it (you definitely inspired me to).

I saw Tangled with my kids - I cried during the lantern scene too (it was so beautiful).

Happy New Year sweet friend!

Belinda said...

Oh so lovely! Perfect papers to go with a layout about your trip to Yellowstone! So fun! Love the little owl and the fun photo/tree/title cluster combo! Just fab!

Belinda said...

Sorry for the double post.. sigh.... stupid computer!

Courtney said...

that owl is adorable!! i totally want to go to yellowstone some day soon. maybe next summer when my husband is finally back in the states. or maybe grand canyon. have you taken your girls there??

Linda Beeson said...

Seriously, that tree just makes that layout! LOVE the size of it.