Thursday, December 16, 2010

Pastels Overfloweth

The palette this week at the Color Room is so pastel that I immediately thought of the Shabby Green Door papers I received from Scrapbook and Cards Today

I used a set of stamps from My Favorite Things: Inspired by Caged Bird.  I stamped the diamond pattern in blue chalk ink onto the background paper.  It's very subtle and totally pastel!  However, it's just not dusty enough like it is on the palette, sigh...  :)  Of course I added the fun bird to match the other elements on the patterned paper already. 

I mostly followed Lydell's sketch.  The leaves were using a Cricut cartridge, Give a Hoot.  I must say that the Cricut cartridges of the last couple of years have gotten cuter and cuter.  Now a couple of years into a Cricut ownership, I can honestly say that I have no regrets and that I would buy the Cricut Expression all over again.

20 comments:

Sandi Cl~ said...

Fabulous page .. I don't do very well with pastels but totally LOVE these colors together! And yours is such a yummy page .. love the bird!

deana said...

She's beautiful and so is this page! Love how she eats Goldfish! Priceless!

Keri said...

Lovely work with this ultra-pastel palette...great paper choices and love the subtle stamping and cute photos! :)

Keshet said...

Love this, so feminine!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Yep! TCR is sure putting up the challanges. From monochromatic to pastel!! LOL..
You DD is SOOOOO cute! Love what you have done with the palette!

Angie... by the said...

Love this layout Jing Jing. She is a doll, and what a fun thing to record! Love, love the colors.

Jocelyn said...

Pastels are the tough ones for me...but JJ you rocked this one!!!

Love it!!!

OK...if I catch this Rooster and he loses a couple feathers...I will be sending them right out!!!! This guy is tough!!!!

Thanks for the great comments you leave for me!!! LOVE YA!!!

MrsETaylor said...

Fabulous page Jing Jing. I love the "how to eat a goldfish" title. Makes me giggle with 2 children of my own. There is goldfish etiquette for sure hehe

teacher jessy said...

Love the pretty pastel colors!! You did amazingly well with the papers and colors. The stamps are just so pretty!!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Such a soft and lovely page! Beautiful work with that pastel palette, Jing-Jing!

Virginia L. said...

Are you from this planet?? You do it all--stamping, embellishing, journaling....you are AMAZING!!!!!!I love love this page! YUM!

Amy Heller said...

Love this page, Jing-JIng! The colors are soft, but you did a fantastic job with them!

alexandra s.m. said...

magnifique page et comme j'aime le contraste entre le coté romantique et tendre des papiers et le titre un peu coquin!

liana suwandi said...

You did amazing with any kinds of colors JJ :)

Christie Bryant said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love this layout!

Alice Wertz said...

love the yummy pps and embellishments. beautiful layout, Jing-Jing! shame on me that I couldn't recall when was the last time I touched my Cricut.. do you have sure cuts a lot? do you like it? thanks! =) have a fab and cozy weekend!

Sherry Wright said...

This is fab and that ornament you made.. wow!! Have a great day. :)

Mira said...

What a wonderful little kid!

Jennifer Larson said...

Oh, I'm behind on these palettes! I'll have to spend some serious time scrapping this break. Gorgeous, as always.

Belinda said...

MMmmmm, goldfish! :) What an adorable layout! And great use of the colors!