Thursday, December 30, 2010

Giant Tortoise in the Color Room

I hope you are wearing shades because this week's palette at the Color Room is bright bright bright.  It is summer in Australia and I hear that it's been scorching hot!  I bet that's what inspired Lydell with this palette, lol.  Hmm... who else is hungry looking at the sushi?! 

I used some of my most favorite and beloved products from my stash. I have hoarded this adorable die-cut sheet from Crate Paper for over two years now. It looks great paired with Studio Calico's elementary paper in the background. The piece of burlap just happened to be on my table so I used it to have to see it again, lol.  I used my Cricut and Birthday Bash cartridge for the giant letters. I am trying to incorporate more Cricut usage into my projects because the cartridges get cuter and cuter with every release. Since I don't plan to stop purchasing new cartridges, I will use them :)

I added some chipboard clouds from Crate Paper, sigh... they are adorable! If you are ever in the Black Hills area in South Dakota and have kids with you, the Reptile Gardens is a must-visit.  I thought it would be cheesy and boring.  I was totally wrong!!  There were many interesting exhibits and one of my favorites is this one in the layout.  Those things are huge!! I was a bit scared to touch them but not the kids :)

I imagine this is my last post in 2010.  I wish you a very happy new year and a safe weekend! 

21 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

This is just the cutest thing EVER!!!!! I just love how whimsical it is! Great job!!!!!!

Pearl said...

yeah ! fab pics with the giant tortoise , grrl !!! what a sunny palette indeed this week !

what no year in review as with the rest of blogland ? lol

Colette Bate said...

WHOA! This palette is STRONG! You've done a great job proportioning the colors! LOVE the Cricut font, too! And that stinkin' cute little tortoise ... turtle .. ohhh, so CUTE!! And, is that frayed fabric I see? LOVE the texture! Brilliant work, as always. xoxox

Bbbwwahaha, Pearl ... YIR? Oh please .. noooooooo! hhhmmmm, that gives me an idea ....

Sandi Cl~ said...

This is oh so cute as always. Love how you've damped the bright pallette with the use of lots of green. I'm right there with you on using my Cricut more in 2011! Hold me accountable!

Alia said...

Very cute and earthy! It is freezing where I am so the bright colors are warming me up! :)

Virginia L. said...

Another GORGEOUS layout, Jing-Jing! I just got a Cricut from a friend for Christmas (I know!!!!). You've got to teach me how to use it! 祝你新年快樂! 夢想成真!

Keshet said...

Oh, love that giant title!

Courtney said...

omg! that creature is huge that your daughter is petting! brave little girls you have there.

A Soldier Girl said...

Awesome work as usual girl .. you really are amazing. Happy NEw Year

Brenda said...

Loveeee this layout!!!!!

deana said...

Oh my goodness.... could that BE any CUTER?! And those photos.... adorable!

Hope you have a VERY HAPPY 2011, Jing-Jing! So VERY HAPPY that I was able to get to know you better this year! You are the BEST!

Love ya!

Debbi Tehrani said...

What fun, Jing-Jing! Love the colors, and you did an awesome job with them--so perfect for those adorable pics. So many cool details on this!

Happy New Year to You!!!

Stacey Michaud said...

I am in love with the colors on this layout! And the rest of the layout! Your comment on my blog made me laugh out loud!! You are the best! Hugs!

Jennifer Larson said...

I love it when I can tell where the photos came from, LOL! This is great, I love the title! Happy New Year, Jing-Jing!

eMeLiNe Seet said...

omg that's HUGE !! Lol !! have a wonderful amazing year ahead JJ.... =)

Janetcraft said...

wow, the font is really 'giant'! colors and layout are lovely!
Wanna wish you a very happy new year and stay happy always...by crafting!!

Alice Wertz said...

fabulous layout, Jing-Jing! love that giant title and wow those turtles are big! Happy New Year to you and yours. All the best wishes to you and your cute family for 2011!

Tracy said...

Can you believe I have never had sushi.
Love your layout. It is so cute.
Well I took your advice Chandler, you took out the whip and I went right to work LOL.

Fryne said...

fab LO JJ :)

Christie Bryant said...

Another adorable layout Miss Thing! You amaze me.
I have to get that Birthday Cartridge - LOVE those big letters!

xoxo

Belinda said...

Ok, that's adorable! Love the fun use of the giant over the tutorle just too adorable!