Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Color Room and Purple Onion Designs

This month at the Color Room, we are featuring projects with Purple Onion Designs!  I go way way way back with POD stamps :)  My very first kit club subscription was with a club called "Self Addressed" and they featured POD stamps in every kit.  Fast forward to 2010, Midnight Rooster has also featured POD stamps in their last six kits, so my collection has grown substantially this year :)

Michele from POD is generously sponsoring the Color Room design team as well as a lucky participant in December.  So get yourself to try out a palette or five in December and have a chance to win a pile of POD stamps worth over $60!!!

DH is a wonderful man.  He holds up the pumpkin just so I have scrapping materials, lol.  We did go with the intention of getting a pumpkin but it was slim picking by the time we were there, oh well.  You see that I did not deviate from the sketch much.  It's a very unique looking sketch so I just did a literal take.  Used up some Tim Holtz grungeboard swirls, woohoo, stash reduction!

The star stamps are from POD, it came in the "Wanted" set, love it!!  That's about it for now. I am off to Body Pump, it hurts me so badly and yet I'm addicted :)

24 comments:

Shirley said...

Love the layout!

Virginia L. said...

Perfect theme with the colors! The pumpkin looks like a basket ball..ready to be thrown (LOL)!! AWESOME work for both of you (your DH can really LIFT that pumpkin!Wow)! Fantastic page!

Alia said...

Dying to try out the palette now!! :)

Sue said...

Cute pic and layout, Jing-Jing. Those colours aren't the easiest to work with but you made it work. :)

Jess said...

Such a fun layout, that I had to go find the Color Room to join in!

Linda Beeson said...

I love, love, love that color combo and your layout is wonderful.

Rbarakat said...

Fantastic lo Jing-Jing! It really pops!

Wati Basri said...

awww...yr DH is so nice and great page too girlie!

Alice Wertz said...

LOVE this fab layout, girl! superb design. one of those days i'll have to try their color combos...

curlyqmosaics said...

I LOVE this layout! This is one of my absolute favorites! Definitely inspiring! TFS!

Chantal said...

Love your layout, Jing-Jing. I'm so into angles iukwim? Love the colours - must play along... AGAIN! :D

Jocelyn said...

Love this one!!!!! What a great colors and your worked them so well!!!

Wishing you a great one and keep your eyes open Sunday to see what my men in purple do!!!

Lynn K said...

GREAT photo and layout !!

Tanya Tahir said...

wow yummy palette this week! Looove your take on it - cool pic too :)

Christie Bryant said...

Such a great layout! I love that you didn't wander from the sketch - it's fabulous!

Pearl said...

love all the masculine touches ! the color combo is just fab too !

Angela said...

Love this picture....layout too! so how much snow you get today? we're up to 3 inches...still wishing it was summer!!

alexandra s.m. said...

superbe page pleine de mouvements grace à tous ces embellies si bien placés!

Bravo ;-)

Melanie said...

The color combo is awesome! Love the sketch, too--I would stick with it as well.

I've been known to pose family members for materials . . . thankfully they oblige :)

deana said...

Speaking of Midnight Rooster... I received my package of goodies! Thanks again for picking me... :-)

LOVE that page & that photo is awesome! So great!

Yay for Body Pump!

Courtney said...

omg. love the "wanted pumpkin" title. such a creative use of pod stamps!

Aubree said...

This layout is amazing! I love the colors and your design with the swirls is just awesome! I love the 3d stars and the stamping -- seriously in love with this layout!

Belinda said...

I love this! The fun swirl and the layout and yeah, just love. :)

Sandy Ang said...

Loving the almost graphic quality of this LO!