Monday, November 22, 2010

The Rest of the Roosters

I can't say enough about the unusual and yet utterly delightful color combinations in the Midnight Rooster's November Whippoorwill kit. I would have never thought to put these papers together, but how thankful I am that I received this kit that asks me to think outside of the box!  How I wish I have a whole pack of that green cardstock! 

I started this layout simply by cutting into the MME sheet of paper.  These clothes patterned papers are popular and I wanted to just cut into it without having any plans :)  That's a bit unlike me to be planless :)  Then I realized that First' Born's jacket matched a strip of Fancy Pants paper, so I went with these photos. The doilies in the Crate Paper is too pretty not to cut up, so snip snip snip.  Added some Pink Paislee embellishments painted in Shimmerz and a Prima flower, voila: a layout about two crazy girls cut from the same cloth :)
Again, I love this green cardstock. I would love more of this color!  I used the Purple Onions stamp and the two custom flowers from the Whippoorwill kit.  The sentiment is an SRM Sticker.  I think this is going to be auctioned at next year's United Way auction.
Thanksgiving here in the U.S. is almost here! I am totally ready for the big meal on Thursday.  I wish you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving!!

28 comments:

Sandi Cl~ said...

J-J, what a fabulous page idea .. cut from the same cloth .. love it! Love your photos and of course I'm a sucker for doilies! Great job!

Wati Basri said...

Tt is a grt thing abt kit, we do something out of our norm :)
Love what u did here!

Nitasha said...

gorgeous lo! and supercute card...i really love that stamp set!

Keri said...

I totally agree with you about this MR kit, so unexpected and I totally love it! Such a smart, well-suited title...love the shape and flow you created with the MME and Crate cut-outs, gorgeous!
P.S. Thanks for the good LOL with your last blog comment about stash, heh! :)

Tracy said...

I love both your layout and card.
So pretty.

Pearl said...

happy Thanksgiving to you & yours !!!

Oh yeah! gotta love that green cs ! cute cute layout !

Virginia L. said...

Love the LO and I love the card even more---simply because I'm a card-maker!! Love the yo yo fabric details on the card! AWESOME design-as always!

Lydia said...

Love what you did with those pattern papers, I am at a loss as to what to do with those, thanks for the inspo...

Alia said...

Such interesting curves and shapes in your LO!

LollyChops said...

It's been so long! I just wanted to drop in and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

Beautiful work JJ!

HUGS!

scrapopotamos said...

so cute, cut from the same cloth! And love little one's face! SO silly!

Samantha said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jing Jing. Love your pretty lo, its one of favorites of yours. love how soft it is.

Sarah Mullanix said...

Love your LO and card, these color combos are awesome and I just LOVE Midnight Rooster kits!! :)

liana suwandi said...

Happy thanksgiving JJ! love your soft color layout :)

Charlene said...

Happy Thanksgiving !!! I am in love with this LO!! That Crate paper is fantastic and love the title!!!

Chantal said...

Loving your "planless" layout! I'm usually planless, only because I love the whole "adventure" of it! :D Fun stuff!!! :D

Keshet said...

This is adorable my friend! Happy Thanksgiving!

alexandra s.m. said...

Great page!
J'aime beaucoup la façon dont tu as agencé les photos!
Ca invite l'oeil à aller plus loin!

TFS!!

Debbie said...

Great layout and wow what a great title. You always come up with the most amazing ones! Have a great Thanksgiving!

teacher jessy said...

What a fun layout! I love playing with kits too, it make you think out of the box! Happy thanksgiving day to u JJ :)

ellen s. said...

i gotta check out that kit! love so fun how you used the doilies

ellen s. said...

i gotta check out that kit! love so fun how you used the doilies

Robin Gibson said...

Love what you did with this kit Jing-Jing! Beautiful as always:) Hope you have a Fabulous & Very Happy Thanksgiving!!

Janetcraft said...

wow Great work of your project..can NEVER be bored to see..and thanksgiving is one of best meal in US, I wish I got the chance to enjoy them...YUMMY...Happy happy TG!

Alice Wertz said...

super fun and beautiful layout, Jing-Jing! LOVE the cloth pattern paper in this and how you used the doilies! fabulous work! have a super Thanksgiving! =)

Christie Bryant said...

WOWZERZ! I LOVE this layout. The title is fantastic! You've so inspired me to do a similar layout! Beautiful!

Courtney said...

totally love the layout!! and the color combo on the card is perfection.

Aubree said...

Love how you made these papers work together! Cute title too!