Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Garden Layouts, Published

Summer has ended and we had another wonderful year of fresh garden produces.  I am adding back to the blog two projects that were published in the last few months on the subject of gardening.

Meanwhile, I have a question for you.  Do you ever get tired of scrapping the "same old" subject?  I guess I'm wondering about that for myself.  Will this subject matter get old?  Will the journaling be stale?  Will the pictures be uninteresting?  Will the stories be repetitive?  I suppose I will find out right?  After all, these two layouts are from last year, and if you've read my blog for the last few months, gardening themed layouts are in abundance here :) and I'm not done with them yet this year! I guess it is my way of participating in my family's hobby besides eating the fruits and vegetables.  Perhaps next year, I document the gardeners  more?  Perhaps next year I will interview them and make them dictate the journaling :)  We will see...

Beans and Peapods published in Scrapbook & Cards Today summer 2010 issue. 
The second layout was published in Scrapbook Trends June 2010 issue.  Even though I'm not the gardener, looking at these pictures make me happy.  I just love summer. I love the fresh vegetables from our gardens.  Most of all, I love the gardeners behind these vegetables: my husband and my parents, not to mention the 'lil gardeners in training :)

19 comments:

Sue said...

Congrats on the pubs, Jing-Jing! Love the layouts.

Alice Wertz said...

i love seeing your gardening layouts, Jing-Jing. since we don't have an garden, it's always a treat to see others' beautiful harvest and flowers. so keep them coming! =) fabulous layout. congrats on the pub, too!

Rhonda Merry said...

If you're using the word love in your journaling, then the subject won't get old. Right?? Yea for the publishing!!!

Larajc said...

Congrats! My favorite subject is my kids...so no, I never get tired of it...as long as they let me take pictures, I will be scrapping them!

Jocelyn said...

Congrats on the pubs sweet friend...You deserve it!!! Such talent!!!!

Wishing you a great day!!! I just adore the LO's!!! Made me smile today!!! :-)

Pearl said...

the pics of your garden & produce look so luscious , girl ! well , if the subject gets old to you then definitely time to move on or change the perspective of it as you pointed out here ! congrats in the pubs !!!!

Shirley said...

Congratulations! Jealous of your garden!

Keshet said...

If you still love it, I don't think it gets old!

Mandie said...

JJ, i LOVE your gardening pages! keep em coming! they make me want to have a graden despite my black thumb.

Aubree said...

You can never tire of scrapping such beautiful pictures!! Fabulous pages Jing-Jing!!

deana said...

CONGRATS on the pubs, Jing-Jing! I adore those LO's!

I don't get tired of scrapping the same "subjects" because I feel like what I'm scrapping is all the different "stories" I want to tell.

Hope you're enjoying your food, I mean cruise! LOL :-)

Kryssi said...

amazing LO.. looking thru all your stuff for some inspiration! :)

Courtney said...

congrats and love all your gardening photos. makes me so jealous. i wish i had a garden. some day...

Wati Basri said...

congrats on being pub...well deserved :)

liana suwandi said...

Congrats JJ! I Never got tired of it.

Belinda said...

Yay for the pubs -- I wish I had a garden... we live in a little condo and I barely get enough sun to grow basil, mint and chives!

Tanya Tahir said...

Congrats on the pubs! I think the gardening layouts are fab!! Keep them coming :)

Christie Bryant said...

Woah girl! Congratulations on your beautiful publications! xoxo

sweet craf-tea chick said...

fabulous LOs! love those veggies :)!! congrats on being published, you rock! *hugs* steph :)