Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Dream a Little...

I entered this layout into the Fancy Pants Facebook challenge a few weeks ago.  I did not win, but I fancy myself quite happy with this layout.  Many thanks go to Aubree for most of the paper products on this layout.  She is not a fan of purple so I inherited a hodge podge of Fancy Pants papers that have purples in them from her including the overlays that I cut and pieced together on this project.

I so so so loved Fancy Pants' 12x12 chipboards when they came out with them five years ago. Those were seriously innovative products!  I wasn't enough of a scrapper to know how to use them all that well back then, but I feel like I did them justice recently.  So there is something to be said about hoarding.  I finally grew into some product :)

I thought about submitting this layout to the Helmar blog while I was their guest designer in September, but I just want to keep it to myself for a bit longer (though it's out there on Facebook, lol).  Speaking of Helmar, I have joined its new education team.  I am elated.  

I am grateful that this little one is in my life. She is growing up quickly and I would like to hold onto a few moments, captured in time, to remind me, just how wonderful life is and how much she adds to mine.

Thank you for visiting, so much!  I will be back on Thursday with a new TCR layout.  TTFN!

26 comments:

Sandi Cl~ said...

OOOOOOO, so bright and pretty. Love the colors and that precious photo. Your LOs always look like they took hours!

Janetcraft said...

it's a true artistic layout!! it's alright about not winning, as long as you are determined and interest in your arts, there will be more more to come!!!

Virginia L. said...

Wow! wow! wow! Winner in my eyes! Love how you use the picture and colors!! Outstanding!

Sandy Ang said...

How clever ! Love your photo inserted into the loop of the alpha.

Fryne said...

wow!!! such vibrant gorgeous colors!!! and I love the idea to put the photo into the chipboard swirl!!!

Pearl said...

those chipboard swirls are really something else & using them to frame some pics is just brill !!!;)

Sue said...

beautiful layout, Jing-Jing. Love the way you used the chippy as a photo frame.

Aubree said...

This is gorgeous!! Can I have those supplies back?!?!? LOL

Jocelyn said...

Oh sweet friend....this is just awesome...I love the colors!!! What great pics!!!

Wishing you a wonderful day!!!

Tanya Tahir said...

wow, love this! The way you popped the photo inside is just brilliant!!!!

MrsETaylor said...

Absolutely beautiful Jing Jing. You always know just how to inspire me. Now off to create!!!

Maryfrances said...

Fancy for sure Jing-Jing. I love the element popping off the page.

aina said...

wow...love the colors and pictures! And the chipboard-svirls are really cool! Have a nice evening :-)

deana said...

Just STUNNING, Jing-Jing! Love the photo placement & the sweet journaling.

Just curious. Do you make similar LO's for both girls? Do you keep individual books for them or do all the pages go into one common book?

Anyway, this page is so beautiful, you should create it again with the rest of your Aubree stash using your oldest's photos. You had some adorable pictures of her from your trip. Both girls are SO pretty! :-)

LollyChops said...

Hello fellow Helmar educator!!!! YAY for us!

I luv ya JJ!

Courtney said...

love the photos inside the flourishy design. and CONGRATS!!

Christie Bryant said...

What an adorable layout Miss Jing-Jing! I love it!
Congrats on making another DT! How many is that now? You amaze me!

ellen s. said...

ooh i love the photo in the swirl! it's beautiful and congrats on the ed team! :)

curlyqmosaics said...

This layout is truly breathtaking! I love the way you inserted the pics within the curves, very creative!

sweet craf-tea chick said...

adorable JJ! your little one is a cutie! love how you have her pix in that flourish! such pretty colors and papers! thanks for sharing and have a fabulous week! *hugs* steph :)

Colette Bate said...

Well, you're a WINNER in MY book, sweetie!And, this page is a perfect example of why. I just LOVE the way you've highlighted the smaller photo inside the swirly! Seriously? Who thinks of this stuff? And ... that tiny one tucked into the corner .. I know what happened .. you put the larger photo into the swirly ... it was a tad too short. Instead of printing it larger you filled the void the another little pic. Brilliant! Lovin' everything about this one ... those colors are yummy!

Jennifer Larson said...

Gorgeous--and I loved those chips too! Still have some.

Keshet said...

Oh Jing Jing, that is gorgeous! Love it! And congrats on Helmar!

Alice Wertz said...

wow. beautiful layout! those pps are gorgeous and i love how you used part of the swirl as the photo frame. fabulous design! love this!

angela ploegman said...

I also fancy this layout a little, well OK, alot! Gorgeous!!

Belinda said...

Oooh, love the photo inside the loop di doop! Fun bright colors on the layout!