Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A video, a Layout, and a Card

A couple of weekends ago, I worked the Graphic 45 booth at Scrapfest.  The make-and-take we did was this little flower using the Steampunk Debutante papers.  I have made a video on making this flower.  Instead of inking the flower petals, I am painting them with Shimmerz Choc-o-lot.  You can see the shimmer even on this photograph!  And of course, I used my trusted Helmar foam dots to put this flower together.
You can easily make this flower for embellishments on your scrapbooking pages or cards.  Just make sure all the flower petals are curling upwards :) 

Here is the layout I did for AdornIt and using all Helmar adhesives. The photos are from my brief visit to Atlantic City with Michelle and her kids last summer. 

I "collaged" the photos in Picasa and print out 4 onto a 4x6 photo.  For this layout, I trimmed a few of them down to 2x2 inches to mount onto the AdornIt stickers. I used Helmar Zapdots to pop them out of the page for dimension. You can see that I also popped out that WTG from My Favorite Things.  I pieced her together using various papers from AdornIt.  It is definitely my go-to stamping technique. 

If you love the border punch at the top of the layout, that's a Marvy Uchida punch!  The SRM design team members received this wonderful new tool called Clever Lever Quick Borders punch, and I am a punch addict and have already purchased more cartridge for this wonderful tool for my collection :)

While I'm at it, I will post a miscellaneous card I made with WIP's September kit. I so love the Kaiser Scrapbooking papers, sigh...  The bicycle came in the kit, and the stamped image is from My Favorite Things. The first of October is only a few days away, I look forward to sharing my October kit creations.  There are a couple in there that I quite love :) 

32 comments:

Aubree said...

Great video! Wish I had made it out to Scrapfest to see you make them in person!!!

I just adore that AC Layout! The woman reading the paper stamp is fabulous!

Sarah Mullanix said...

absolutely gorgeous and creative...I LOVE that you can wear this!! :)

Virginia L. said...

Lovely video, Jing-Jing!! (I'm SOLD with the Choco-Lot!). The flower is gorgeous with the shimmery petals all curled up! Love your bike card. The use of pattern paper is fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Larajc said...

these are great! Lovely flower...looks like the one we made at CC that day too...

Keri said...

Love that Atlantic City layout, wow! Great multi-photo design, awesome border!

Jocelyn said...

Love all the goodies....the video was Fabulous....love that flower!!!!

Wishing you a great week sweet friend!!!

Nancy Damiano said...

Great video! I love the flowers, they almost look like leather.

deana said...

Saw that AMAZING LO on Helmar's blog... LOVE, LOVE,LOVE IT!!! And that card is just adorable.

Will have to try out your flower technique.... gorgeous! :-)

Debbie said...

Great video and such a beautiful flower! Hope you are over your cold.
Love your layout of Atlantic City and wonderful pictures!

Keshet said...

These projects are so fun!

Kathy Martin said...

Two thumbs up on your video Jing Jing! Love to see your how-to videos! Lovely background music and idea to use chop stick for curling your flower petals! Thank you!

Your page is incredible, by the way! Great design! :)

Samantha said...

love that lay out

Pearl said...

wow ! lots of projects & eye candy ! that 8 photo layout is fantastic with all the details !

ellen s. said...

okay. so i am getting a complex, LOL...you were in AC? well, not that close to me but close enough ;)

love that place and the layout is awesome! cuuute card!!!!

Lydia said...

Oh my I do love that women holding the map that is so awesome!! great layout and wonderful way to use that!!

Patti Smith said...

Wonderful job on the video Jing Jing....love, love the flower. I'm gonna have to have some choco-lot!! Like the card with the bike and great layout... can't wait for your next video!!!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Great video, Jing Jing! Loving that flower! And fab layout .. like the collage idea! Take care!

Tanya Tahir said...

OMGosh, so much to look at! I am in love with that flower!!! Gorgeous!

Monique said...

What a gorgeous flower Jing-Jing!!! I posted about it on my blog and linked it back to you. Hope that's okay (if not, tell me and I'll remove it!).
Love your new blog look!!
Hugs,
Monique

alexandra s.m. said...

Greta video Jing Jing!
Tu fais vraiment Super PRO!!
Et j'adore ta page faite de ces petites photos.
Le rouge est la touche de couleur absolument parfaite!

merci et bravo ;-)

xox

Christie Bryant said...

What a wonderful video Jing-Jing! You're so cute!
I love your layouts and card too! You're so talented!

liana suwandi said...

Very informative video JJ. You rock girl!

Linda Beeson said...

I soooo love that flower! I can tell that the Shimmerz is a great accent. Love the layout too, I like to print out little collages like that with Picassa.

Rbarakat said...

LOve that flower! Great projects!!!

Susan Stringfellow said...

LOve the video! And the page and card are perfect. Adorable bike card too. I always smile when I see your work.

kathie said...

What a beautiful layout! Love the layering of the photos with the little frames :)

Sue said...

Fantastic layouts and video, Jing-Jing! tfs!

Alice Wertz said...

fabulous design, Jing-Jing! love the collage photos and that stamped image is perfect! and the card is so cute! fab projects! off to watch the video!!

Lisa H. said...

loving your work. that MFT WTG is great on your layout, really cute!

Belinda said...

I see another card! :) Anyhoo, love the fun layout! Man, and the video is fab as well!

Kathy said...

Great video JJ...you so rock!!!!! what do you do that isn't great
hugs to you,kathy

Viola Mahr said...

Your projects are beautiful! I'm excited to find a fellow "Shabby Girl" :) I'll drop by often to visit you, do come visit me too! :)

Hugs,
Viola
www.violamahr.typepad.com