Saturday, September 4, 2010

I'm Blue... da ba dee da ba dai

It's a dead heat!!  Please vote for me, video #1!! Thank you!!

When I attended CHA in July, I really fell in love with everything in Kaiser's booth.  I was so delighted when Trish included several sheets of Kaiser papers in the September WIP kit. Here is my favorite layout from the September kit.  I was greatly energized by Christine and her words and this layout was a product of taking care of the details: layering embellishments :) 

It was nothing but pure coincidence that he wore a t-shirt that says "the fruit never falls far from the tree" to go blueberry picking.  Serendipity now has found its permanent place in my scrapbooks, lol! 

Here is a close up of my cluster of embellishments.  Oh these are such cute hot air balloons!  And what do they have to do with blueberries...  they both need air?  I also used two tiny SRM stickers to decorate my title. I am loving these subtle uses of stickers in the titles recently!

It's a long weekend to celebrate Labor Day.  I cleaned my desk last night, and thought of taking an "after" photo, what a mess even that is!!  No more, it's covered twice over again after today, lol.  No wonder it is so hard to get my kids to clean up their rooms.  "Do as I say, not as I do" really is not an effective way of parenting. ALAS!!!

Happy weekend everyone!

27 comments:

MrsETaylor said...

Jing Jing, your layering of embellishments is simply DIVINE!!!! Love this and the shirt hehe

Take care
Erika

Virginia L. said...

Love all the layering of the elements and embellishments!! Love you use of the SRM stickers, you awesome DT! BTW I did vote for you and Iwill go back again to vote! Hope you WIN! 你好棒!!

Pearl said...

in my books using thickers is so not in vogue anymore - the trend IMHO is using small fonts - so I love the use of the small SRM stickers with the large alphas ! right on the money !

lucky you having the Kaiser hot air balloon embellies !!! me likey !

Alice Wertz said...

love the cluster of embellishments!! fabulous layout, Jing-Jing!! have a wonderful weekend!! =)

Sue said...

I like your little embellishment cluster, Jing-Jing. Especially the little hot air balloons. :)

Jennifer Larson said...

Having grown up in Maine, I have a fondness for berry layouts! This is terrific And hot air balloons are such a whimsical page elements, they can go on just about any fun page. An English teacher's motto is, "Why be literal?"

Jocelyn said...

Oh girlfriend another Stunning LO!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I voted...hope that helps!!!

Have a great one!!!

Courtney said...

you did an awesome job with the layering of embellishments. and love how you used those little stickers on the title!

Aubree said...

are you growing blueberries too??

love the balloons layered over and inside of the frame!

Stacey said...

Love those blueberries. They look yummy. What a beautiful layout.

deana said...

Awesome LO & I am really loving your use of stickers on your big title letters, too!

Voted again... & I haven't once seen your lead slip to 2nd place. Will this contest never end? LOL!!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Je ris toute seule :-D
Super ta page! et je suis bien d'accord avec toi Kaiser a de merveilleuses choses!

Janine K said...

wonderful LO JJ. You get a lot of berry picking in!!! I am jealous! Love, love, love blueberries.

Janetcraft said...

Oh..I am amazed wit hall your colors that you can come up so beautifully!!!

Julie said...

you rock woman~!!! i just used that kit last nigt, even that blue cb circle!!!

Larajc said...

love the layout! I love the layering on it. Nice that he dressed for the occasion!

Keshka said...

Now those are some purty blueberries!

Cindy Tobey said...

Beautiful layout Jing Jing and those blueberries look yummy!

Nancy Damiano said...

I love the little cluster of embellishments. And the journaling on the grey paper is brilliant. Beautiful page!

ellen s. said...

haha! i love that song and, thanks to you, i am singing it now! LOL

oh and i love his shirt in that layout...so funn

fabulous layering, girlie!!!

Tanya Tahir said...

This layout seriously rocks. I love how you do your titles!! Great use of those Kaiser papers. Thanks for the congrats for srm. I am so excited about that!

Chris Hertel said...

Ooo, those papers are super yummy! I love, love, love what you did with them. Gorgeous!

liana suwandi said...

look so yummy!!!

Christie Bryant said...

Fantastic layout Jing-Jing! I love your hubby's shirt, what a crazy, random happenstance!

xx

sarah said...

your work always looks so good. :)

oh, and i saw your page in scrapbooks, etc. it looked awesome!

hugs,
sarah.

teacher jessy said...

Those berries are so delicious looking! I always enjoy seeing your harvest. Another great layout by you!

Belinda said...

Yay, love hot air balloons! :) Love the layerin of all your embellies! Love the use of the smaller stickers with the alphabet too! Fun fun fun! (Whoa, Virginia writes to you in Chinese... dang... I'm definitely not asian enough... can't make zongzi and don't write my comments in Chinese...)