Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Experimenting... with Midnight Rooster

The Midnight Rooster September Kit reveal is tomorrow, and I am here to kick things off with a layout and process share.

But first, one last blog pleading to vote for yours truly, Jing-Jing Nickel, as in those coins making that jingling noises in your pocket!  LOL.

I have admired Jessy's small photo layouts and have been intentionally trying to do layouts that perhaps emulate her style just a little bit.  This may not be immediately obvious because her style is quite a bit different from mine. Before setting out on this experiment, I looked through several pages of her blog studying her layouts.  Instead of copying one, I tried visualizing a few things that stand out most to me.  What I remembered is that she staggers her photos. She always have a visual break somewhere in the page: horizontal or vertical bar.  She has layers of strips of paper and embellishments.  So this is what I came up with, a month ago :) using the Midnight Rooster kit.


Here is a closeup of a Pink Paislee artisan frame.  I painted it with Shimmerz Pearls in Choco-lot to frame the My Favorite Things Pure Innocence gal. Gosh I wonder if she has a name?? The background scallop is cut with Laina Lamb's digital kit, available at 2peas. Lastly I used an SRM sticker for the title.  She is a mostly sweet child, lol.

Remember, tomorrow the Midnight Rooster kit will be for sale for non-subscribers!!! And... remember to vote for me again, lol. Voting ends on September 9th! 

21 comments:

Angela said...

so cute...love it...OF COURSE I'm going to Scrapfest...are you attending, working??? we'll have to do coffee or dessert or something...

Patti Smith said...

Love it....

Jennifer Larson said...

Very cute! I need to try more pink...not sure how, but it would be fun to try.

Alice Wertz said...

such a fun layout! love the little photos and the design!

Virginia L. said...

Love your use of the images and stickers, let alone the Midnight Rooster KIT!! Your DD is simply SWEET..so you did her photos justice (LOL)!! You ROCK!! Hope you win, Hope you win, Hope you win, Hope you win,Hope you win....!!!!

deana said...

Absolutely DARLING! It's definitely a little bit Jessy, but very reminiscent of Jing-Jing! Love, love, love it! And I'm loving those little girl stamps... so CUTE!

Pearl said...

yes ! yes ! voted !voted ! that's why you got back the lead ! lol

wallet size photos are the rage now , isn't it ! too funny ! adorable pics & layout !

Larajc said...

great layout!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Totally adorable, Jing-Jing!

alexandra s.m. said...

c'est super joli! J'aime beaucoup cette superposition d'éléments! Bravo Jing-Jing ;-)

teacher jessy said...

I voted for you too! So glad to see that you are in the lead, woo Hoo! Wow, didn't know that you refer my layouts when you wanna scrap small photos. Such an honor to be mentioned in your blog. U did great with the small photos and love the cheery colors on yours and that stinkin' cute daughter is just so adorable!

Jocelyn said...

Oh this LO is PERFECT!!! What size are the photos?

Great colors and embellies...

I voted....yes I did...you go girl!!!

Aubree said...

you can count on my vote! Love this layout. The small pixs and again that adorable stamp!! Perfect!

LG said...

Great colors! Love the sweet photos and design composition!

Courtney said...

voted!! and this is such a fun layout. you totally rocked the small pictures concept.

Tanya Tahir said...

oh this is such a fun layout, I love how you incorporated the stamp - so cute! I subscribe to Cards, which is how I already have a copy. But it's August and I think September is out already by now? If you mean the free contributor's copies (you get two), I haven't received those yet. I usually give them away because I end up with so many extras lol!

Sue said...

This is such a cute layout, Jing-Jing. Love the little photos and the numbers.

liana suwandi said...

so so cute layout! so did you get the canvas? which one? I'm dying to see what you come up with.

Debbie said...

I commend you for breaking out of your norm and trying new things! You did a wonderful job! I love the pics of your little one! Such a sweetie. Hope you faired well in the voting. The last time I check you had a good lead.

Christie Bryant said...

What a cute layout! I love the little cluster of photos - so sweet!

I'm stoked that you'll be in the G45 booth - fun, fun!

xoxo

Belinda said...

Oh how sweet! :) Yay for being in the lead -- I've been a-voting! Love the fun layout! Your DD is way too cute -- love the use of the wallet sized photos!