Sunday, August 1, 2010

WIP, SRM, MFT, CHA

Seriously, can I fit in more acrynoms in the title? LOL.  I swim in acrynoms working in the I.T. industry but these scrapbooking acrynoms are way more fun :)

It's August already and we are getting ready for a family road trip, so I'll be MIA for a bit from the blog, or maybe not, we'll see if I get my act together to schedule posts.  Meanwhile, here is a layout using the WIP's August kit.  These Echo Park papers are so much fun.  That company is onto something!  The next few lines are as goodlooking as the current ones! I saw a Halloween line and two Christmas lines in their booth at CHA.

I am not very good with tags, quite afraid of them in fact, lol, but I tried this and it worked out pretty well.  I stamped my favorite MFT stamp: Flower Girl onto an Echo Park journaling block.  I also used some of the brand spanking new, just released SRM stickers Everyday Girl. It is so totally fun.

If you noticed, my new profile photo is totally rad right? LOL.  It's a tale of unbelievable fun at CHA.  What a delight it was to meet Laina Lamb. I walked the floor with her for a few hours and she was out there and people love her!! 



She got me to attend a lunch with all the CK editors, you say WHAT? That's right baby, unreal no?  Here's my moment of publication glory, a photo with Jennafer Martin, editor-in-chief! 

At that lunch, there were these two ladies: Cindy Tobey and Amy Peterman.  I had already spied on them from a short distance when I was at the Fancy Pants booth. I stared at them until they caught my eyes, then I would be too chicken and look away.  But since we were eating lunch together, I felt free to gush a little bit :)  Seriously, how long have I loved these ladies' works?  Years... Long long long before Web 2.0 technologies existed, that's for sure. Amy told me that Fancy Pants booth had this camera thing that I should go check out. 

Later I was at Webster's both, chatting up a storm with Dena Coe.  Gosh she is so cute!  Admiring Webster's embellishment, someone asked me if I was Jing-Jing.  She started to explain who she was, holy buckets, I knew, the reigning Paper Crafts Gallery Idol Belinda Chang Langner.  Unreal!

So Belinda and I hooked up to walk the floor for a while.  Get this, Belinda and I can talk "real shop" since she works for IBM and heck I wondered if she noticed that I didn't ask her what a PoC was!  LOL. We wandered into Fancy Pants booth.  This time, I got my picture taken with Cindy and Amy. Then Belinda and I got all fancy and hence my new profile picture.  LOL.  What a beautiful story of my profile picture.  How I absolutely loved CHA for all the people!!

43 comments:

Maria Therese said...

cool with the tags with pictures in!!
(No I think we have the worse winters, all winters exept the last one we have some days of snow some days of rain, and that's alot of wet snow..yukki..I hate it!)

Sue said...

Sure looks like you had lots of fun at CHA, Jing-Jing. Wish I could've been there. :)

Love your layout. I like what you did with the tags. You've given me inspiration on how to work them.

Alice Wertz said...

adorable layout, Jing-Jing! love the grouping of embellishments! LOL! LOVE your new profile photo!! too fun!! thanks for sharing all the photos! have a safe and super fun vacation!! =)

Kathy Martin said...

Oh my, where do I start? LOVE your fun new avatar photo! It had me laughing! LOVE your tags page! Wouldn't know you were afraid of tags! It's AWESOME! Great CHA photos! Thanks so much for sharing a bit of the fun with us!

Amy Heller said...

Such an awesome post Jing Jing! I LOVE the new photo - hilarious! And I LOVE the layout!!! LOVE it!!

Keianna said...

Great layout. Love what you did with the tags and with the cluster.

deana said...

Ok, now HOW did I not know about the photo booth?! Probably the same way I didn't know about Suede! LOL

LOVE the photos... you are quite the celebrity yourself! ;-)

alexandra s.m. said...

I still can't believe we missed each other!
These are great portraits, I met Belinda as well!
I LOVE your page! Great design as well ;-)

( voilà ce n'était pas en Français aujourd'hui ;-)

Keri said...

LOL, I'm loving your CHA-adventure posts so far, Jing-Jing! :) Lovin' the new profile pic for sure, and love how you rocked the tags on that LO! Keep it comin', girl! :-)

Michelle Lanning said...

How fun!!! Love the layout - LOVE the tags and how you used them!

Debbie said...

Love what you did with the tags - I'm always at a loss with them.I too love Echo Park. I just got their Life Is Good collection. Glad you enjoyed your CHA experience. Have a safe and run road trip!

Pearl said...

love how you stamped on the tag & used the word stickers !

& how cool to take such fun photo booth pics at CHA !!!

Janine Rachau said...

Great photos, great post and awesome layout! I love your design and how you incoporated the adorable stamp into your layout.

Maryfrances said...

WTG Jing-Jing! Love your style for sure! TTFN!!

Virginia L. said...

So THAT is how you got the super fun profile pic... thanks for sharing these awsome photos! I feel one step closer to all the papercrafting celebrities, thanks to you! xox from Michigan

Melissa said...

those tags are so fun! love it!!

Janetcraft said...

hey! so nice to see you fun at CHA, I wish I were there! and the tags are so inspiring..maybe I wanna try then

Belinda said...

Hahah, love love love that new profile pic! :) And what fun CHA pics as well! And ok, love the layout and the fun use of the tags for photos! :)

Amy Peterman said...

You are so funny Jing-Jing! Reading this post totally made me smile. Looks like you had a ton of fun at CHA. You and Belinda look fabulous! :-) Oh, and don't feel bad about telling me to update my blog more. I know I need to do it. It's fun to know that someone actually read it!

Chantal said...

Love this page Jing-Jing!!! And that photo of you with the glasses is awesome!!! They actually suit you heaps!!! :D

Aubree said...

Cute layout!! Did you cut out the gear or is that new Jillibean product?
Love the CHA pixs --- and to think you were nervous to meet everyone! Sounds like you had a rockin' time!!

texasjodylynn said...

That layout is ADORABLE and what awesome pics from CHA! :)

TanishaRenee said...

Looks like you had a really cool time at CHA, Jing Jing!!! And yes that photo is too cute and just screams fun!!!

Agata said...

What a fun pic! Love that photo of yours! And your layout which is perfect, those tags are just where they need to be! :)

Nancy Damiano said...

Love the layout - it's beautiful! And your new picture is going to make me smile every time I see it. Brilliant!

Robin Gibson said...

Ok, that photo booth pic is ABSOLUTELY my favorite photo of you now! TOO much FUN! So glad you had such a great time, and as you say, Holy Buckets on the CK lunch! You Go Girl!
Love that layout, btw! Wouldn't know you're afraid of tags, they look great the way you incorporated them! Have a great trip! Maybe we can get caught up when you get back!

sarah said...

ahem.... i'm the one who has to SCROLL A MILE DOWN to comment. ;) hahaha. =P

LOVE the photos. looks like so much fun! :)

hugs!

ruth said...

I love the new profile pic!!! So cute!

You totally rocked it with the tags........love them!!! I"m so diggin' out some tags to play with!

Kryssi said...

oooooooooh you went to CHA? so jealous!! i love your LO, all the tags, and then all the goodness on the bottom. gosh, can you rub some of your scrapbooking talent onto me, please???

Janetcraft said...

HAha BabyBOkChoy!! I have always thought ladies would spend on clothes shoes, cosmetics and beauty. But I never thought ladies will also spend on cratings...until I found out myself...CONTROL myself!!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Love your WIP page, Jing-Jing! And that new avatar rocks!

Wendy Kwok said...

Wow... going to CHA sounds like fun! I wish I can go there soon!!!!

eMeLiNe Seet said...

Cuteness !! LOVIN' your new avatar :) and lucky bunch of gorgeous gals to hang out with too :) *envy envy*
Have a safe and enjoyable trip ; and what a great way to use up the tags !

Jennifer Larson said...

The avatar is adorable! The LO looks great, and I am so jealous of your time at CHA!

jacque4u2c said...

I love this layout! Just so cool to use the tags as the matting! I adore your new rad rockin' profile photo!! JUST TOO COOL!!!!!!!!!!

vtpuggirl said...

Great page, love the little girl stamp on it! Glad you had fun at CHA, looks like a blast!

teacher jessy said...

Oh I have to agree that SB acronyms are so much fun!! I seriously love the way u used the tags as frames for the photos!! They look awesome! And that clustering below the tags another yummy part. Glad that u had so much fun at CHA & got to meet tons of talented scrappers!

Kryssi said...

omg, JJ, i just read your comment and I am not happy! I laughed out loud and woke Ella up, who I was trying to put to sleep for the past hour! haha, you're so funny!

em said...

Your photo is awesome! Wish we could have visited more at CHA, though I'm obviously not as cool as the CK people! Go you!!

Kathy said...

Well you are a rock star Jing Jing..loved seeing all the photos are reading about your experiences...the layouts are fantastic too! You are such a joy...and have such a zest for life...and are sooo tall...lol
when are you sharing tim pic?
hugs,Kathy

Courtney said...

totally love how you mixed in that stamped image with the photos of your cutie. so fun!!

and so glad you had a blast at cha. me? nope wasn't there. maybe in 2012. next summer i'm moving to kansas, so cha won't make it in to my summer plans.

Stacy Cohen said...

I just saw your adorable new profile picture and I had to come tell you that it made me smile!! It looks like you had a great time at CHA. I REALLY hope I get to meet you in person one day. Any chance you might go to Winter CHA in Los Angeles? Great page, as usual!!!

Christie Bryant said...

Dang girl, it looks like you had a BLAST at CHA!
I LOVE the new profile photo!