Sunday, August 22, 2010

Weekend Happenings...

I had the pleasure of the company of Christine Middlecamp yesterday at dinner and a crop afterwards.  For all the talk of Olive Garden's bread sticks in advance, I didn't eat a single one!  I was so engrossed in the fascinating discussions on scrapbooking products, companies, teams, and industry in general.  Besides being a fountain of information, she's also totally normal, and completely honest, the kind of honesty that can deliver constructive criticism, something I covet greatly. 

It wasn't all scrapbooking either, between her layering of papers, we also talked about her upcoming school year. I think she was a little excited when I told her that I taught a few semesters of undergraduate business calculus when I was a math graduate student.  The thought of us discussing derivatives and integrals amused me.  I'm ready Christine.  Whenever you are ready to discuss the Chain rule, integration by substitution, the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus, or whatever fancy strikes you, I'll be here with x- and y- axis ready to go!

Now onto project sharing...

As a part of the Cosmo Cricket feature on SRM Stickers blog, I altered a recipe box.  I bought this box a year ago and painted the edges red, then it sat there... until last week.  I am going to put this up for our annual United Way auction at work.  I used Cosmo Cricket's Early Bird and one sheet of SRM Stickers #49007: Live Life, What's Cookin'?


Then there was a layout that I did a couple of nights ago, beating the deadline to submit to the MME sketch challenge, just barely.  I am going to say that I utterly adore this Quite Contrary line by MME.  The colors are so magnificent!
One last close-up photo of  this sweet little gal.  I got a big order of My Favorite Things stamps this past week.  I seriously cannot get enough of this sweet Pure Innocence gal!!  Check out her hair, just like my DD's, lol.

23 comments:

sweet craf-tea chick said...

ohyes, i remember calculus ;p'. well, only some things, hee hee.
sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! love your altered recipe box. love the colors and the DPs. your layout is adorable! love how you made the stamp look like your daughter's hair, cut. thanks for sharing and have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

Courtney said...

omg!! you were a math grad student too!!! i got through 4 years of a doctorate program at RPI then had to take time off with just a year of research/thesis writing to go. i was going to go back and finish, but i ended up liking my current job too much. where did you go??

Debbie said...

Your recipe box is divine! Hmmm makes me think I need to make one only cause I love yours! Cute layout and I love that stamp. It's dangerous visiting your blog as you always introduce neat little things you have and it makes me want to do some shopping!

Shirley said...

Ahhh, the good ol' days of undergrad and grad school. LOL! Glad that they're over though. HA!

Jocelyn said...

Ohhhhhhhh I just adore the Recipe Box and LO....you did an awesome job with them!!!

So glad enjoyed your time our....now Math....whew that was a tough one for me......I got through what I needed to in college....I loved Psych and English!!!

Wishing you a great weekend!!!

Belinda said...

Hahah, and I actually still know what the heck each of those mathy terms mean....

Love the recipe box! What a lovely piece to put up for the auction. And I can't wait to see what more you do with the Pure Innocence images! Love her peeking out of the label! I should really do that more often... use part of the image rather than feel compelled to use the whole thing.

Sue said...

Love that layout of yours, Jing-Jing. You always come up with such cute and apt titles. I can't imagine you and Christine discussing Math concepts. That's so funny. :)

Keshka said...

So fun to hear about your scrappy friend adventures, and love the recipe box!

Sarah Mullanix said...

Cute little box and I love the strawberry on your LO...adorable!! ps. Your package of my handmade goodies have been sent on their way, hope you love them!! :)
http://sarahmmullanix.blogspot.com

Sandi Cl~ said...

Sounds like you are feeling much better now! Love that recipe box and the layout is totally divne! Always love visitng your little scrappy world!

Virginia L. said...

How fun to read your post! I went to Christine's post and left her some love :) Your box is so lovely with all that CC and SRM goodness. How perfect to use that pur Innocence image for your darling daughter. If you tell anyone (just not a stamper, of course) that stamp IS a custom-made one for your daughter, most people would have believed you :) LOVE your creativity!

deana said...

I would love to have been a fly on the wall for that lunch! Well, minus all the calculus conversation. I had to take Business Calculus, learned it well enough to pass the tests & then poof... out of my mind, never to be used again! LOL

LOVING the new page, Jing-Jing, & that stamp is almost as adorable as your little sweetie!

jazsutra said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!11 your weekend was indeed a happening one JJ!!!! how nice it must have been for two talented crafters to meet up for dinner!!! ;)

and i have to say congrats on being the cover girl!that christmas project is stunning!!!
have a blessed week ahead ;)
love,jaz

Stacey Michaud said...

Hey girlie!!! That is one cool dinner date! Loving the altered box...you are so creative! Wanted to say hi and that it was sooo great to meet you in person at CHA!

alexandra s.m. said...

Wow, une vraie prof de maths!
J'aime beaucoup cette boite à recettes et puis cette page qui est tellement adorable!

NancyJones said...

so adorable Jing jing! I have to catch up on your blog. I have been off the blogs a bit! This is so precious! MY BROTHER to this day uses calculus he can sit and ramble off formulas that I studied relentlessly. It came so easy to him. Math was not easy for me. John was another it was easy for and I see Bella being just the same way. She is zooming through math just like they both did. little booger. IM HAPPY THAT SHE IS THOUGH AND NOT TAKING AFTER ME!! (I am pushing her through all these classes as hard as I can mommy will scrapbook allllll about it hahahaha!) miss you girly!

Maryfrances said...

You sure are cooking Jing-Jing!! Love your project!

sarah said...

yay for meeting people in the industry! :)

and what the heck?! all of that math talk is giving me a headache. haha!

how's the weather out where you are... it was cold the other night, and i thought of you! :)

hugs,
sarah.

dannisdoodles said...

absolutely ROCKS, love your recipe holder & that layout, wow!

Alice Wertz said...

love that altered recipe box! i would love to see what recipes you have in there!! =) again, i adore the cute photos of your girl! such a precious moment! wonderful layout! did you noticed how i skipped the math part? LOL! you are amazing, girl!

Jennifer Larson said...

That box is so adorable! way to rock the Cosmo.

Robin Gibson said...

Well JJ, math is not my 'thang'!!! But I would have still been enthralled with the great conversation! How Cool!! Loving these projects! Those lo's are super cool...and that little girl image is cute, but your DD is just cuter by miles! That recipe box looks yummy enough to eat! It will surely make some lucky person, very very happy indeed!

Christie Bryant said...

So sweet Miss Jing-Jing!
I love your recipe box and your layout - both are fab!
xx