Saturday, August 7, 2010

Rehashing My Graphic 45 Mini's

Since I don't have anything new to post, I thought I would re-visit two projects from almost exactly a year ago. I created both of these mini-albums for Graphic 45's summer 2009 CHA booth. They are both published in this Creating Keepsakes special issue. 

If I sound calm and collected in this blog post, stating all these so matter-of-factly, well, that's due to blogsphere illusion!  I am still jumping up and down about this one! 

Graphic 45 papers can be intimidating.  I heard many times at CHA that the side B of G45 papers are easier to use.  I agree with that, but I love sides A for their complexity.  Because really, almost all the work is done for me already.  Take my "Journey to Paris" mini-album cover.  All I did was cut out a 5x7 piece of paper from the Transatlantique line and add a rubon and Chipboard title.  However, I think it looks quite complex, thanks to the depth of the paper to begin with.

"No Domestic Goddess Here" is my all time favorite mini-album about me, inspired by the line's name "Domestic Goddess" and something DD said about mending her clothes. 

"Journey to Paris" is actually not a travel album. All photos were from that trip, but it was a journal about why Paris, France, toutes les choses francais have such a strong hold on me.  It was about lack of political freedom when I was little, and gaining that freedom by becoming a U.S. citizen, and somehow all of that intertwined with la douce France (which incidentally, wasn't so douce to me my first time there).


Thank you for visiting again. I enjoy and appreciate all your comments and friendship. I am dreaming about winter CHA already. I hope I can go and meet some of you again and many of you for the first time!

25 comments:

Sue said...

Those minis are gorgeous, Jing-Jing! Congrats on the pub!

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful minis!! i wish i could read the journal on the Paris one, it must be really interesting. thanks for sharing you amazing work!! hope to meet you one day!! =)

sweet craf-tea chick said...

your minis are gorgeous, JJ! you know how much i love G45 :). thanks for sharing and congrats on being published! so awesome. thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend! *hugs* steph :)

deana said...

Your work is beautiful & amazing! It SO deserves to be in print! You GO, girl! CONGRATS!

When are you taking a trip here? I will make sure you have a pitcher of beer on the craft table... LOL ;-)

Kathy Martin said...

Oh very cool! How exciting to have your work in print and inspiring others! Right on! :)

Pearl said...

Sweet pub there ! woohoo !

I heard this year's summer CHA is half the size of the Winter show , so you definitely have to go for a Summer show now !!! woohoo !!;)

Debbie said...

Oh to be published - every scrappers dream! Congrats!!! Your mini albums are wonderful! Love the one on Paris.

Keshka said...

Congrats on the pub, girl!

Keshka said...

Congrats on the pub, girl!

Jocelyn said...

Love these mini's and to be PUBLISHED is just AWESOME!!!!! I am so Happy for you!!!

Have a great one!!! :-)

Larajc said...

beautiful minis!

Jennifer Larson said...

I fell in love with those minis when I saw them in the mag. Now I know your design secret (insert wicked cackling). Off to use some Graphic 45...

Christie Bryant said...

Jing-Jing,
My talented friend! You so rocked the G45!
I'm so glad that we've remained friends - you are always an inspiration to me!

P.S.
We totally have to meet up at Winter CHA! Yahoo!

Maria Therese said...

Oh gorgeous!!

liana suwandi said...

Congrats JJ on the publications! I thought your work is amazing girl, love the way you journal :)

sarah said...

i totally saw your books and thought of you! :)

congrats on that, jing jing. totally deserved.

hugs,
sarah.

alexandra s.m. said...

Alors tout d'abord: BRAVO!
C'est absolument génial!
et puis, j'aimerais bcp en entendre plus sur cette expérience en France!

Robin Gibson said...

Whoo Hoo on the pub JJ! Well-deserved, of course! Love, Love, Love those mini's! I need that issue now, so I can drool up close!

Aubree said...

Gorgeous minis! I don't think I have ever been able to use the primary side of G45 papers...while I love to buy them, they tend to just collect dust. Much too pretty to cut into!

Patti Smith said...

Love the mini's Jing Jing....Graphic45 is still one of my very favorites!! I love your profile pic (giggle)....

Colette Bate said...

ohhhh, I'm so happy your back and posting again. You know, one good thing about being old is that your memory is terrible and lots of things are 'new again'! That's why this repost is so good. For me .. these projects are brand new!!! bbwwahahaha

Love the Domestic Goddess mini ... you're a magician with G45. I agree with Aubree ... I buy it but just can't bring myself to cut it up. And ... I'd LOVE to read 'the rest of the story' on that one. Your tale of 'N' and her underwear and your momma .. is both profound and hilarious!

Your work is inspiring .. as always. xoxox

Sarah Mullanix said...

Gorgeous mini's......& you won my blog GIVEAWAY so shoot me an email to sarahmullanix@yahoo.com and tell me which two embellies you'd like me to send you, CONGRATS!!!
http://sarahmmullanix.blogspot.com

Courtney said...

congrats!! both of these albums are amazing - i've totally got to find this issue so i can take a closer look at them!!

teacher jessy said...

Gorgeous minis & congrats on being pubbed!! U r getting well known for sure!!

carole-ish said...

man, i haven't visited in an age. so so BIG sorry!! ;)
these are both spectacular ~ i agree about the graphics with graphic45, they're enthralling!! i'd love to dream over these books in real life. just amazing...