Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Let's Go Fly a Kite

This is my favorite layout out of my bunch of layouts using the sold out July WIP kit.  It's pretty priceless that I captured her running with the wrong hand raised up to fly her kite :)  She did eventually catch on and I have photos to show/prove that too.  Too bad the flimsy kite only lasted a couple of times, otherwise, I'd have kite photos like I do strawberry ones :)

Here are a couple of close-ups collaged into one photo.  I punched out several colored circles and popped them out using 3-d adhesives.  I made a "flower" using the fabric in the kit. The look matched some of the stickers in the Echo Park's collection.

I am impatiently waiting for the WIP August kit now :)  I think it's going to be another knock-out kit!!  and... I think there will be another kite related layouts in my batch :) :) :)

21 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

AW, this is so cute .. and what a great memory of your daughter "learning" to fly a kite! Love the circles!

Courtney said...

oh so fun!! love those colorful circles you popped up in the background. oh, and that flower too!

Mandie said...

cu-ute! love, love the circles! the colors are awesome!

Pearl said...

sooooo cute with the Echo Park !!!

This brand hasnt made its way here yet tho' ! ;(

alexandra s.m. said...

Comme c'est beau!
J'adore ces touches de couleurs, trop mignon!

Samantha said...

So many details to see here, love the colors and that fabric flower

deana said...

I say MORE kite photos & LO's! That is just TOO CUTE! And that fabric flower rocks! :-)

sweet craf-tea chick said...

your LO is adorable, JJ! i love the colors and the circles! your daughter is adorable too. thanks for sharing :)! have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

Alice Wertz said...

love the circle details and the fabric flower! fabulous layout, Jing-Jing!

teacher jessy said...

I seriously love how you layered the circles!! And boy, you work really well with circles...seriously!

Jocelyn said...

Oh girlfriend...this one is PERFECT!!! I adore the circles and think I will just have to try this...you have inspired me...you always do!!!

Wishing you a Fabby day!!!

Larajc said...

this is a gorgeous, color-filled layout! Love the design!

Keshka said...

I love the summery feel of this page!

sarah said...

love the pops of dimension on those circles! fabulous!

hugs!

Debbi Tehrani said...

I love this so much, Jing-Jing! Love those circles on top of the circle paper--such a clever touch!

And you MUST come play with us at HMITM!

Susan Stringfellow said...

ok the page is cute and fun, but the photo is PRICELESS! I also really like the popped circles for a summery page like this.

paula said...

Love this!!

Christie Bryant said...

Beautiful layout Jing-Jing! I love the 3-d circles...noticed them right away! Love your talent girl!

xoxo

Kathy said...

Hey sweet JJ...I am so loving every one of your layouts...each was has a reoccuting theme...stunning, beautiful and chock full of yummy deatils. Can't wait to hang with you (in your shorts..hee) at CHA!!!!!!! that is if you want to hang with me :) Counting the days!HUgs,Kathy

Kathy said...

i meant to say reoccurring theme...what does reoccuting even mean???

Nathalie said...

I just played with the exact same papers from Echo Park and I LOVE what you did with the circles of colors over the blue paper!!!! Genius idea!!!!! Vraiment!