Friday, July 30, 2010

Hey Sis, It's Palette 17

The Color Room palette 17 is up and here is my contribution to the Room this week. It's a cute little layout with pictures from way back when... They remain some of my most favorite photos of my girls.

Thank goodness for that sheet of Basic Grey in my stash and Cosmo's Earth Love.  These colors are tricky tricky tricky!!!  I misted the Technique Tuesday's heart chipboard with Grape Escape from Shimmerz to achieve that color.  The colors turned out almost exactly right, but this was a tough one, but go check out the DT examples, seriously, if that's not an indication that people enjoy different colors, I don't know what is!


So more about CHA... I finally got to meet Diane and Aimee from Graphic 45!  I served two years on Graphic 45's design team and it was quite surreal to meet them finally.  Diane hugged me for a minute and immediately mentioned my butterfly banner from two years ago. I was sincerely touched by her warmth. They are coming to Scrapfest at the Mall of America this September, which means they will be in my neck of the woods, which means I will have a chance to see them again and lend some help.  I look forward to it already. Lastly, I got my paws on this. I can't WAIT to make a mini with it! 

21 comments:

Julie said...

lucky girl!!! i can't wait to get my hands on some new halloween goodies!

Trish said...

I love the new Graphic 45 Coordinations Cardstock--and your layout is beautiful!! Glad you had fun at CHA!!

angie gutshall said...

Cute layout! I need to get some pictures of my 2.

Rhonda V. said...

So very cute! Love your layout and it was fun to meet you at CHA!

The Graphic 45 booth was just amazing!!!

deana said...

Adorable!!! A big heart + scallops... what's not to LOVE abou that?! (Oh, & let's not forget the 2 adorable girls!)

Can't wait to see what you make with the new mini! :-)

Janine Rachau said...

What an adorable picture with you,...I love your bangs!

I always love seeing what you do with The Color Room. You give a more literal translation, and I totally relate to that! I think that I tend to be the same way. Anyway, this color combo would have been extremely hard for me. I love what you did with it -- your color use on this blows me away.

Oh, I can't wait to see your mini!!

Alice Wertz said...

such a darling layout, Jing-Jing! i saw these gorgeous Alice themed halloween pps at my LSS and was really tempting. looking forward to your mini/inspiration!! thanks for sharing those fab CHA photos! keep them coming, please!!! =)

Barbara said...

WOW! That layout is gorgeous! You nailed that color palette challenge!
I'm gonna have to give them a shot one of these days. =)

That Graphic 45 paper is darling, and I too, can't wait to see what you create!!

Barb P said...

Great job with that color combination. I usually struggle with purples. and I can't wait to see what you do with that Halloween in Wonderland paper! It's one of my favorites of the CHA summer lines.

Pearl said...

I have seen a little of the G45 Core'dinations cardstock now ! it's like their staples ! very nice neutrals !

That new Color Room palette sure is tricky ! kudos for taking up the challenge well ! ;)

liana suwandi said...

Lovely lovely picture, thanks for sharing JJ!

sweet craf-tea chick said...

love your LO, so adorable! oo, looove g45 :). can't wait to see what you create with the new paper :)! thanks for sharing...CHA looks like so much fun!!! *hugs* steph :)

Debbie said...

I ordered a few pieces from Graphic 45 and can't wait till I get them. Such a refreshing layout! Love that you used a heart for the centerpiece. Adorable pics and I love the use of the border punches. Glad you enjoyed CHA - I would love to go - maybe in the future!

Amy Peterman said...

I LOVE your profile pic! :-) I wonder where you had that taken. LOL! So good to meet you at CHA!

Marianne said...

I love this!!! It's SO cute!!

Amy Heller said...

OMG - Jing Jing! I LOVE - LOVE your new profile pic!!! So you!!! I LOVE it! Maybe once I loose the junk in this trunk we can take some kooky pics together in Jan!!

angela ploegman said...

Looks like you had a blast...surprised I didn't see you, though I left Wed just after lunch...Scrapfest for sure lady!!

Christie Bryant said...

What an adorable Layout!

How fun to meet Diane and Aimee, aren't they lovely? Such wonderful women!

Keshka said...

Love how you used the big heart on this one! Glad you had fun at CHA--not that I was doubting that!

Aubree said...

picked up some of the G45 this weekend as well...so awesome!

love your layout..this color scheme is awesome. Is that a TT tile? will have a TT heart layout up on my blog later this week (one of my many creations from the weekend) :)

Jennifer Larson said...

I love that Halloween paper. Too bad I have boys... Hope CHA was fun!