Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Take Flight with Anthologies Connection

This month, Anthologies Connection brings you an elegant kit feature Pink Paislee's Queen Bee. The kit is very full on embellishments and I describe it as a box of subtle sensations! Besides the Queen Bee, there are elements from House of Three, fabric, brown felt, YARN, journaling spots, butterflies, ribbons, trims, Jillibean Soup letters. The list goes on and on!! Stop by and get your kit!

Here is a layout using this kit, and a tribute to ma scropine Alexandra :) Ever since I stumbled upon Scrap RDV by Alexandra and Agata, I've been wanting to participate. There was one challenge in particular that really stood out to me. It has been months and I still have that number THREE in my head. So three it is... Three columns, three photos, three words in the title. The numbers border, 9 numbers, in other words, three sets of three numbers, three of them in white corrugated forms. I should have made my journaling three lines too, oh well! Voila, chere Alex, que penses-tu?

Here are a couple of close-ups of my layout. I ran out of "y" so I just spritzed onto a journaling spot. The bottom numbers are misted with the negatives of the Jillibean Soup's corrugated letters.

Thank you for stopping by and I will post more projects using this kit in the next week!

29 comments:

Pearl said...

oooo ! great mix of brands here !
& the misting is fab ! especially the missing Y idea !!!

Trudi said...

Oh this is just super!!

Looks like a gorgeous kit and I love how you were so ingenious with the 'y' too

Jocelyn said...

Love this kit and what great colors!!!

Another Fabulous LO sweet friend!!!! I so need to get back in my room and do some serious creating...My mojo went missing!!!

Have a Wonderful Day and thank for sharing with us!!!

Larajc said...

I love that you did that with the Y. Great idea and great layout!

teacher jessy said...

Gosh, the composition is so awesome!! Loving those small photos!! Of course diggin those PP collection too :)

deana said...

Aren't you the clever one misting in your letters & numbers?! Looks SO COOL! Love, love, love this design.... AWESOME PAGE! :-)

Wendy Kwok said...

WOW... WOW... WOW... I love the groups of 3... it is simply awesome. I love the design... you use of the embellishment.

Erica said...

Your style is so fabulous! Love what you did with this layout and can't wait to see the rest!

Christie Bryant said...

Oh Jing-Jing! I love this layout! So pretty...And I have to say...I love the sticker trick. I use it too but YOU do it better!

Shirley said...

awesome!

Rhonda said...

Love your pages. Very nice.

Kryssi said...

thank you, jing jing! you're a swell friend!! you know... it's so hard for me to come to your page and be bedazzled by your mad scrapbooking skills!!

Lori Gentile said...

I love your page. Great idea with the spritzing for letters! It looks like gorgeous kit, for sure!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Gorgeous page, Jing-Jing. Absolutely LOVE your title work!

Kathy Martin said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this page! Great design! Fun to look at! :)

Debbie said...

Wonderful and creative layout! I'm tempted to buy the kit. You tempted me before when you used the May kit from Midnight Rooster. Ended up buying it. So clever what you did for the Y. Love the colors and as always the adorable picture.

vtpuggirl said...

Pretty page! Love the numbers and the color palette.

just lisa said...

Wonderful work with this kit!! Love your title work!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Je dis que tu es SUPER MEGA EXTRA GENIALE!!!!!!!!!
Merci pour cette MAGNIFIQUE participation, pour ce clin d'oeil qui me touche beaucoup, waouh, et comme on dit ici: "You have made my Day!"

Big Hug Scropine ;-)

Alice Wertz said...

you are a three genius, Jing-Jing!! love love love this super fun layout! too cool!

Sue said...

Cool idea and layout, Jing-Jing. I love those Queen Bee papers too. :)

-SABRINA- said...

Hi Jing-Jing, dis is gorgeous! I just discovered your blog while surfing the net :)

carole~ish said...

i love these colours & the simplicity of the l/o. just super cool. :)

Danielle said...

gorgeous! i love that page!

Maryfrances said...

I just love how clever the numbers are in your layout. Great job Jing-Jing!

Sarah Mullanix said...

your work with this kit is fabulous and I can't wait to see what else you come up with!!

sarah said...

wow!!!! how unique and soooooo clever of you! :) love the numbers and letters. it's such a great touch.

please teach me how to scrap like you, almighty jing jing. haha!

hugs,
sarah.

Janetcraft said...

all these layouts are great! colorful too

Amy Heller said...

OOOOOH!! I LOVE This layout!!! LOVE IT! CONGRATS on Shimmerz!!!! I just saw that!! YEAH!!!