Friday, June 11, 2010

Enjoy the Color Room Palette Ten

Enjoy it I did! This week's palette is one thing, but the sketch takes the cake in my book!!!  Rectangles and more rectangles, what more can a linear girl like me ask for? It is definitely a sketch after my own heart, so I stuck to it as closely as I could! 
As for the colors, wow, I could not, for the life of me, find that light blue denin color in my oceans of supplies.  Of course, now as I type this, I thought of a bag of light blue buttons, well, too late now, lol.  The good news for the Color Room challenges participants: the Color Room and Couture Cardstock have teamed up! 
So you can find these colors in cardstock in Couture's line-up!  In case you can't read the names on the actual palette, they are: Free Fall, Frankincense, Temptress, and Cracked Wheat.  At the end of this month, a lucky participant with a U.S. mailing address will win a box of Couture cardstock that have been featured with the Color Room's June palettes!  How fun is that?!

Not a U.S. resident? No problems!!  Everyone who participate in the June challenges at the Color Room will be eligible to win a $40 gift certificate to Up the Street Scrapbooking.  Have you seen Tara's June kit yet?  Check it out on her website and be inspired to play for the chance to win!! 

Lastly, here is the layout I did with this color palette and the sketch.  I really did enjoy it.  I ended up cutting out a couple of leaves from the Basic Grey Wisteria line that are close to that denim blue color.  All was okay in the end :)

30 comments:

Jocelyn said...

FABULOUS.....Oh I love these colors and the Sketch is just Perfect!!! YOU ROCKED this one my talented friend!!!!

OK...can you please come over and spend the weekend with me...to inspire and share all your talent!!!

LOVE you and have a great weekend!!!

Tanya Tahir said...

ooooo I absolutely love your take on this palette! And the sketch was made for you!!

Lucy Edson said...

Love all of the red you used and great use of the sketch, JJ! Really fun!

Your new haircut is adorable!! Have a great weekend! :)

Aubree said...

Great page! I love that you chose one of the four colors and used the other three only minimally. great job!

and what are those glittery shooting stars?

Janetcraft said...

the colors are so matched..plus the layouts ..and the results you put into is fabulous!

Chantal said...

Just amazing, Jing Jing!!! I love this palette - must give it a try! Your take on the sketch is brilliant. Awesome work!

deana said...

Absolutely DARLING! Love what you did with the color combo, love the product combo & love what you did with that sketch! So CUTE! Is that your printing or did you use a font for that journaling? If it's your own printing... I love it!

:-)

kimosabescraps said...

ahhhh beautiful... just in time for summer!

Julie said...

LOVELY!!!! i hope to work on this tonight!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Love your work, Jing-Jing! You did an awesome job with those colors and the sketch. (And thanks for those sweet, sweet comments on my blog.)

Pearl said...

ahahaha ! I totally hear you there on the sketch being made for you !!!

Great how you've used the color palette !!! I started with some new JB Playdate & FP but I'm not sure if I can even show it now ! ;( lol

Southern Moments said...

Cool LO...awesome take on the sketch!

Angela said...

Looking good with the hair cut!! Love your layouts too...must.get.back.to.color.room.challenges!!

I haven't seen you named to any more DTs lately...are you slipping???? just kidding!

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh mais c'est super beau! Ta page et les couleurs & sketch proposés!
Ca me plait beaucoup à moi aussi ;-)

Christie Bryant said...

I love this Jing-Jing! What a fun new Palette!

liana suwandi said...

Just beautiful jj

cornellgj said...

JJ - LOVE your beautiful, bold, bright work, my friend! :)

Janine Rachau said...

You are always a great inspiration! Love what you did with this palette and sketch. And, the rows of brads top it off beautifully. Marvelous!

just jennifer said...

love the red, and your take on the sketch!!

twinkles11 said...

nice job with the colors and the layout! i love red.

Nathalie said...

J'aime trop ce sketch moi aussi et ton interpretation est trés réussie!!! J'aime beaucoup la dominance de rouge qui fait que ta page est trés dynamique! Bravo!

Alice Wertz said...

super fun layout!! love your take on the sketch!! fabulous job, girl!!

Lydia said...

This is awesome, This would make a great canada day page to!!! Fabulous inspirations!

Barb P said...

This is a fabulous layout -- and such great inspiration from The Color Room.

Larajc said...

awesome!

Lori Gentile said...

I love your take on those colors! I love the inspiration, too. How cool would it be to have a picnic on the beach like that?!

ellen s. said...

love how you focused on the red! so cool...

Susan Stringfellow said...

Love the paper in the place of the 3rd photo and the red OA paper is just perfect behind it all. I have to say that I am having a tough time with that blue too and I really do like that blue. I have found alot of colors missing from my stash while working with these color palettes.

alexandra s.m. said...

Jing-Jing, I need your address my dear so I can send you your prize!

MERCI <3

jamie said...

that sketch is hugely adorable...and of course always love what you can do with your scrappy supplies.
(ps...thanks for the blog comment...i had the wrong layout posted but i think you figured that out. thanks for dropping by!)
~j