Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Color Room Palette Five

The Color Room's new palette is up!!  This one was quite a challenge for me.  So challenging that I did it twice and I still don't think I got the colors right.  This layout is my second attempt where I had decided to abandon using patterned papers and rely strictly on paint to get me the colors in the palette.  I mixed purple with lots of grey to paint my chipboard piece.  One thing I didn't expect was that the paint dries darker than they appear wet!

This month, SRM Stickers is sponsoring the Color Room.  A randomly selected participant of this month's palettes challenges will win a prize package from SRM Stickers!  Exciting stuff eh?  I used Sticker Sentiments - Baby for the outer text box.  The background paper is a new sheet from the Basics line by Basic Grey.  I love those lines!! 

Here is a close-up photo of the paints, hee hee.  The dots are created using a Heidi Swapp mask.

Here is another layout I did using the palette.  Janine immediately noticed these ancient Lil Davis papers designed by Jenni Bowlin!  Yeah baby, I've had them in the stash for five years now, and they look as good as ever, don't they?  I cut them out using my Cricut and Laina's digital die cut files from 2peas to give them an updated look.  I really am addicted to Laina's fancy frame cuts.  They are so extremely versatile.

20 comments:

Alice Wertz said...

really pretty layouts, Jing-Jing!! i LOVE the sentiment frame in the first one! so fun! and those photos are so cute and precious! love them!

[[Azura]] said...

Jing-Jing..I just came across your blog through TCR and I cant help but admire you and your wonderful work..You have such a free spirit..It makes me happy just reading your blog. :)
And your girls are so cute..:)

Agata said...

Amazing layouts! I so love your design! Great details, too!

Pearl said...

Wow ! LIl Davis pps designed by JB ?!!! I've never heard of that ! but then again I dont have papers from 5 years ago ! lol

Both layouts are mighty fine to me . Love it that you broke out the paints for a change ! ;)

Jocelyn said...

Love these JJ...I am so far behind on my color palettes!!!! I need to get my tail in gear...but that thing called life, keeps getting in my way!!!

Virginia L. said...

What are you talking about!? ....colors not right!? I love both LO and the colors are so beautifully applied. All the details are, well, amazing!! BTW YOU rock in the SRM blog today! You never cease to amaze me~~~~ a hearfelt message from your humble friend

deana said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these LO's! Your paint dots are so FUN! Such a great idea! And your photos are always so precious!

Believe it or not... I finally played along with the Color Room on this one! Not a color scheme I would usually use, but I made something anyway! Will be posting it in just a bit!

Thanks for the endless inspo, my friend!

Hope you have a special MOTHER'S DAY this weekend! :-)

Big hugs...

Julie said...

so pretty jing-jing!!! way to rock the stash!! no go shop for more goodies lol

angie gutshall said...

Great Layouts! Love the Colors!

LollyChops said...

Love your LOs JJ! That pink flower is totally my favorite part about that second one! It really ties everything together!

HUGS sweet pea!

Fryne said...

your style is truly amazing! love it :)

Janine Rachau said...

Fabulous layouts!! I adore the two different styles of the layouts and the details in each one of them. Beautiful work!

Kryssi said...

how do you do it, girl?! i find scrapbooking so challenging yet you keep pounding these masterpieces out so effortlessly!

Tanya Tahir said...

oooo they are both brilliant! I love how you used paint in the top one - the circles are very eye catching :)

Blue Banana said...

Love these layouts! They are so cheery and pretty!!

cornellgj said...

these are DARLING! :)

Christie Bryant said...

These layouts are gorgeous! I love this palate! I may just have to create something too!

xoxo

Lori Gentile said...

Both are beautiful. I really love the border you created on the first one. I need to remember to go to the color room, so I can do a challenge. You gals are amazing.

Colette Bate said...

bbwwwahahaha ... I'm thinking your whole BLOG would work for Palette #5! Your pages on this post coordinate beautifully with your blog colors! hehehehe

I know what you mean. I struggled with the Palette this week, too. But, some how the pages turn out really good! I love how you used the SRM stickers ... and who doesn't love paint on a page??!!! Love using up stuff in the stash ... especially if it's over FIVE years old! I love coming here .. it's always so happy, so inspirational ... and it makes me so proud that I know you!
Big hugs, girl!

kanishk said...

really pretty layout.
free classified india