Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Because Pearl Said So...

Recently, Miss Pearl has been scrapping lots of photos that aren't hers. I must have sounded bitter enough in one of my comments that she offered to scrap my photos as well. LOL. Who said passive aggression isn't the answer?  LOL.

I did this layout at my scrappy retreat and once again, I really wanted to use my new 7Gypsies Avignon papers...  I haven't found my groove yet with that line, maybe I should scraps some Avignon photos using Avignon papers...  Maybe then, it would feel right??
Back to this, like I said, I was trying to play with products and hence the cluster of this and that for no good apparent reason.  I used a Glitz birdie rubon too, love their products! 

One thing that I found very difficult to do at a crop is journaling. There is so much chatting (I contributed plenty), it's hard to concentrate and write.  So this page is also sans story.  Good thing these photos have been printed multiple times, I imagine I will fit in the story of her eating chocolates at a cookie baking party at Uncle Steve's...   Now, don't forget to stop by at Pearl's to see her rendition of these photos!!! 

19 comments:

Pearl said...

bwahahaha ! no more photo challenges for sometime now ! I'm off to photography school next Mon so I should have more pics in my flash card ! lol

I love it that you have such a lovely close up of No 2 child there . Brings in all the focus well .

& you do have a point of using up scraps ! they just might turn out better !!! I just discovered it in my last 2 layouts ! lol

Nevertheless ,I'm sure this is still a publication worthy layout still , my LOUD friend !!! ;)

Alice Wertz said...

lovely layout, Jing-Jing! those photos are just adorable!! I think you did fine with those papers! =)

Jocelyn said...

Love this one.....the colors are perfect and I adore those pics!!!

Wishing you a great day sweet friend!!!!

Aubree said...

What a fun challenge. Your layout is awesome. I love those sass numbers, your little scrumptious rub-on?, and that big bracket. You even make the bird look like he belongs on a chocolate layout. Great work. Love how different your layout is from Pearl's!

Janetcraft said...

wow, you are really a good artist layout in scrapbooking..I love the way you place the photos, details , flowers, EVERYTHING ...so good..I feel like your blog is one the top 5 in my list..I will definitely follow your blog!!

Virginia L. said...

When I grow up, I want to scrap like you....

deana said...

You call that "not in your groove?!" I think it's just ADORABLE! Love that design & the CUTE photos of Amelie! Love what Pearl did with the same photos, too! How FUN!

And again I wonder why poor Uncle Steve gets no royalties from being on one of your layouts? :-)

happydays525 said...

I totally love this layout...so happy that you shared it!

sarah said...

i love all the chipboard pieces you included on your LO! it gives it such a creative look! :)

hope you have been well.

hugs,
sarah.

Kathy Martin said...

Most excellent page! Very cute and an awesome design! :)

teacher jessy said...

Another awesome layout by you & love all the little chipboards. That bird is such a cutie just like ur DD :) Love both yours & Pearl's layout :)

Wendy Kwok said...

She is a cutie!!! I wish you can stay near us!!! We will have a roar of a time!!!

ellen s. said...

love how you cut out that rubon! gorgeous layout

RussDuckett0601蕙帆 said...

thank for share, it is very important . ̄︿ ̄

Blue Banana said...

Simply adorable! Thanks for the inspiration!

Nathalie said...

I'll go to Avignon with you any day Jing-Jing!!! Have you been there? It is gorgeous and your page is lovely (you can't go wrong with a page about a little girl and chocolate, IMO:P)
A special thank you for your generous RAK that I just received!!!! You totally made my day with all the stuff you sent me!!! I love the stamps, the chipboard butterflies and swirls, and the ton of other things!!! MERCI MILLE FOIS!!!

Tanya Tahir said...

I love the clusters and what adorable photos! Thanks so much for your words of encouragement in this dark time for me. I really appreciate it, you are FAB!!!

jazsutra said...

cute layout there! look at her adorable face...melts my heart!!!

and ...sweet Pearl ;)

can i also request to scrap a photo of you and your kidz?? please let me know okie?? thx in advance ;)
love,jaz

Tracy said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog. By the way those tutu's are a no sew project, you just cut and tie.